Ch.14- Accusations

ALEX's P.O.V

Over the next few weeks everything couldn't get any better. The next day, Sammie gathered up the whole gang to squash any tension or beef. We smoked and watched movies in Dyno's basement and had fun.

Eventually, Dyno & Aliyah made up. I never had a doubt that they would, they just needed time. Sammie has started talking to some girl, Skye, we met at the beach one night.

   It took only about two weeks, but I had gotten a job at Wal-Mart of all places. I hated it, but at least it was money. I still haven't told McKenzie about my plan to have her move in with me. I didn't want to ruin things. We were better than ever since she took me back.

   I would pick her up after I got off of work, she would tease me about my uniform, we would go to one of our houses( mostly mine), smoke, fuck, then go to Dyno's to chill with the gang, go back to one of our houses to crash, I would drop her off in the morning before work and the cycle repeats. It couldn't get any better.

  Right now, it was 5:13 p.m, Thursday evening. I had just gotten off of work and was on my way to Kenzie's. When I arrived, I called and told her I'm outside. She came out in a little blue skirt and a white one of those shirts that don't cover her belly-button, got in and we kissed sweetly. I smiled at her and she adjusted the stupid Wal-Mart visor I still had on. I rolled my eyes and she chuckled.

  We drove to my house and I noticed McKenzie fidgeting her fingers in her lap out of the corner of my eye. See, as much time I've been spending with her, I can easily tell when something's off. But, I chose not to say anything, sensing she was trying hard to not let off any weird vibes.

   When we walked in my house, Ashley was just bouncing down the stairs. She smiled when she saw us.

   "Hey Kenzie," She said, as if Kenzie was the only one here, but still she walked right past me to her, "Ooo, is that a new necklace?"

  McKenzie grinned and reached for the silver heart pendant resting on her chest.

  "Yes," I spoke up, ever-so-sarcastically, "that is a $200 necklace that I, the sister you haven't seen at all today, have bought for her with my first check."

   I admit, it was cheesy and maybe a little much, but I knew McKenzie would love it and that's all that matters. It was our one month anniversary and I wanted to do something cute. Of course, working at Wal-Mart my stupid check was only 400-500 dollars, but I would've gladly spent it all on McKenzie if that's what it took to get that smile on her face every time someone mentions the necklace.

  Ashley clutched her chest and 'awwned' as she pulled out her phone. I rolled my eyes. Why do people always feel the need to SnapChat everything that they see?

  "You guys are too cute!" She gushed as she awkwardly took a picture of McKenzie's neck.

  I grabbed Kenzie's hand and pulled her up the stairs as Ashley was busy captioning her Snap.

  McKenzie kicked off her shoes and sat on the couch as I closed and locked my door. I grabbed my grey Nike shorts out of my drawer, throwing them on the bed, then took of my uniform shirt. McKenzie's eyes were focused on my black and white Adidas sports bra. I smirked and removed my pants. I turned to her in nothing but my sports bra and black boxer-briefs.

  "Hey, I don't think I have any pre-rolled blunts, can you handle that?" I asked dryly. She finally looked up in my eyes and I fought a smirk. She squinted at me, knowing I was messing with her.

  She huffed, but got up and went to my closet. She stretched  up to grab the box in a way so that the little navy blue skirt she was wearing rose and revealed too much for me to keep an arrogant smirk. She did that on purpose.