Ch.21- Destiny

-ALEXANDRIA's P.O.V-

  Honestly? I don't know what I want from my life. I'm almost 20 years old, still living with my guardian, still no real goals, still no real desires. Nothing. Should've believed them when they said life will hit ya soon as you walk across that stage. I'm sure my parents would be so proud.

  I stood behind the counter ringing up my second to last customer in my line before I could clock out. These thoughts have plagued me relentlessly recently, and it's been affecting my mood and behaviors, reminding me of when I was drowning in depression.

  I shivered internally. I really don't want to go back to that place.

  I needed a purpose.

  After work, on my way to pick McKenzie up, my mind wandered to the other day at Megan and McKenzie's dinner party disaster. I haven't seen Chantelle since. I hear her, coming in and leaving out for work, but she just retreats right back into her room all day. It really bothered me.

  I just wish there was something I can do to get them to realize it's 2020. It's much stranger shit going on then dating your niece's girlfriend's sister. There's just nothing I can do. The whole situation is just fucking weird.

I called McKenzie to come out once I pulled up in front of her house. She came out a few minutes later, Ethan and Matthew standing at the door smiling and waving. I waved back and grinned as McKenzie neared the car and Matthew closed the door. Adorable kids, they are. I'm glad they're safe and out of that situation.

"Babyy!" She squealed when she got in the car and leaned over to kiss me with much more passion and intensity than I expected. I had to break the kiss before it led to ...more.

"Well, hello to you, too, baby," I grinned teasingly at her. She turned red and bit her lip.

  "Sorry baby," she grinned mischievously through her blush, "I just really missed you. I hate sleeping without you," She pouted. My mind wandered to the little houses and apartments I've been looking at for us. Then to the bag in my dresser with the money I've been saving. I haven't talked to McKenzie about it. It just never seems like the right time, there's always something more going on.

  "You can spend the night with me tonight, baby," I leaned over and gave her one last kiss before starting the car and driving to my house.

   She smiled and talked the whole ride, telling me about how smart and funny her brothers have gotten, about how Megan tries, but how she can just clearly tell she's just not happy.

We decide to hang out with the gang today, slightly missing their company. When we arrived I immediately regretted the choice, watching McKenzie roll and flame up the first blunt and laugh at all the fucking antics around her, I just wanted to be alone with her and make her eyes roll to the back of her head.

I shook the thoughts from my head as something important finally got brought up.

"Soooo, McKenzieee" Aliyah started with a weird grin, "What're we gonna do for your birthday next week?"

I looked down at her and couldn't help the goofy grin I had. She was blushing and not used to all the attention on her. My baby's birthday is in six days. July 13th. She'll finally be nineteen.

  "Oh, uh I don't know," she looked at me and then a round at everyone else, "Just a regular day, I guess." She shrugged.

  I frowned and spoke up, "What? Definitely not a regular day."