Chapter 16

*********************

If I tell you I need you, do not take it lightly.

I do everything I can to never have to depend on anyone,

to never show weakness,

and if I say that I need you,

it means I am trusting you to catch me when I fall.

*********************

We were walking through the now less-crowded hallways of the rebel base.

Minutes ago, Leia had knocked on my door and I'd opened it; we'd both started to leave for the council meeting. But then we'd remembered the guys, and we'd had to pretty much break into their rooms. Apparently, neither of them had wanted to go, but as soon as Leia's voice got stern, Luke and Han had quickly followed us into the elevator.

"Where is the meeting room?" I ask Leia, who I'm barely managing to keep up with. Without turning around to face me, she nods at a doorway ahead of us.

"In here." she briskly walks through the doorway, and I follow her before even trying to peek into the room from outside.

We step into the room, and I am close to overwhelmed as I see all the war generals, Rebellion leaders, and soldiers milling throughout the room. I feel like we're in a bee-hive.

Looking around, I notice all sorts of computers and screens; there's a screen on the gigantic table that's in the middle of the room, too. Diagrams of the Death Star, of Star Destroyers, are everywhere. I'm trying to take it all in, and I feel out of place here in this room, where so many important people are talking.

Leia has stopped, and I can tell that she's kind of taken aback. But she quickly regains her composure, breathing in deeply. "Once Mon Mothma gets here, it'll all calm down," she glances around, and then sighs in relief. "There she is."

Han and Luke both bump into me as they come up beside me. Our eyes land on Mon Mothma, whose very presence had somewhat calmed the chaos within the room. Her eyes rove over the generals, leaders, and commanders, and I can tell that she isn't thrilled to be here. "Settle down, everyone. If anyone has no business here, leave." she says loudly. 

At this, a considerable amount of people leave the room, leaving a lot more space for me, Luke, and Han to stand. Mon Mothma looks a bit less stressed now. "Alright," stepping forward, she places her hands on the table and leans forward a bit, sighing. "Now, I believe, we have a previous prisoner of the Empire here?" she looks around, eyeing everyone in the crowd.

A young man, who looks absolutely terrified to be here, steps forward. He's on the other side of the table, directly in front of me.

I notice that our group has subconsciously moved towards the table, just like the rest of the crowd. Everyone has gathered around the table to hear what's going on.

"Y--Yes, my name Is Eric Dexus," the man runs his hand through his hair, and I notice how nervous he is. Silently, I think, Calm down, man. It's fine. I know how it feels.

"I was just rescued by rebel forces, your honor. I've been in the Imperial prisons on Eadu for a few months; and though not much happened while I was there, I learned of something." Eric is slowly calming down. "The Empire has recruited a lot more soldiers in recent weeks; they've promoted lots of new generals and leaders, and gotten rid of a ton of...less able Imperials. They're newly promoted members are highly skilled and trained, and I--I've seen the things that they can do." he no longer looks scared of talking in front of us, but he instead looks scared from his memories.