Chapter 29

*********************

That's who you really like;

the people you can think out loud in front of.

*********************

Two days later, I'm working on packing supplies into carts with Han. These carts are to be shipped to some small freedom fighter base; I'm not too sure where it is.

As we work, we talk about things. Just life, really. Stuff like what we thought of the war so far, or what actions did we think our side would make.

Voices nearby interrupt us, though, and as I recognize the voices, I stop talking and listen. I hear Luke; he's saying, "What's that?"

Then there's Cecily: "Oh, just a cargo-thingy. I'm--uh--carrying it to a storage room--" I hear a fumbling sound, and then she adds, "Or trying to, at least."

Han looks at me and smirks slightly, his eyebrows dancing up and down. I smile secretly at him and put a finger to my lips. We continue to listen to Luke and Cecily, who I've assumed are in the hallway outside of the room me and Han are working in.

"Do you want me to help?" I hear Luke ask; Cecily says something in reply, and I can safely guess that she's told him yes, because I hear their footsteps walking collectively away.

Once they're gone, Han turns to me again. "Those two...geez." he closes his eyes and laughs a bit.

"What?" I ask, oblivious.

Han looks at me, dumbfounded, then says, "Do you not see what is happening? They're falling for each-other!"

It takes me a minute to register this, and at first I think; What? Luke and Cecily? No.

But then I think about the training session with me, Luke, and Cecily from two days ago, and how nervous Luke would get at the mention of Cecily. Suddenly, it clicks.

I gasp. "I ship it."

Throwing back his head, Han lets out another laugh--I love his laugh; it makes me want to laugh. "Okay okay okay--so, Luke and Cecily....Lucily? Lecily? Ceke?" he furrows his brow, deep in thought.

"Lecily sounds good," I put in, trying to contain my giggles. Han grins.

"Oh gosh, I ship it now, too. I mean, think about it--" he starts placing supplies into the crates again; "Nervous, righteous Jedi with a heart of gold and a dangerous, confident Imperial traitor with the heart of a rebel? In love? Yes. I ship it."

I laugh. Han has a way of tailoring words and sentences that just make him sound so funny. I don't know why or how he always manages to make me laugh; he's talented at that--although, I probably would never give him the satisfaction of knowing that.

Grinning, I add, "Who do you think will make the first move?"

Now, to an outsider, this would have seemed weird--freaking out over two people possibly having a crush on each other. But really, who wouldn't freak out over their best friends falling for each other?

Han narrows his eyes, obviously going deep into thought for this question. "Well, I want to say Luke...but he gets too flustered and jittery. Cecily would probably make the first move; she'd have to probably tell Luke what he wants, though, because Luke can also be oblivious as crap." as he explains this, I nod, because it seems like a pretty accurate theory.

"But, I mean, are we sure they feel that way about one another?" I ask. I don't want to start shipping two people who may not even like one another.