Friends Tell The Truth

1020 Words

Today is the day. The day I would confess to Dan. Dan, Daniel Howell, has been my bestest friend for MANY years. Almost over 10 years, to be exact. In all honesty, I should've confessed a loooong time ago.. I've loved him since the beginning.
But I'm terrified. What if he says no? What if he rejects me? What if he gets offended because I don't deserve him? All of these thoughts flood my head with each slow step I take. I'm trying to procrastinate, like I always do, but this time I was doing it not out of laziness, but out of worry.
I want to try to calm down, so I do what I always do. Think about Dan. Think about Dan and my day just clears. It's magical what the thought of him can do for me. His dark brown hair.. curly and adorable. His dimples every time you see his true smile. His laugh that sounds like better music then ever made. I start imagining the things he does, too. His procrastinating, just as bad as mine. His couch crease that he never leaves for days on end sometimes. His fingers dancing gracefully across the piano making melodies that warm my heart and make my eyes tear up.
He's beautiful.
I break thought as I look up to see the apartment building. I started shaking as I climb each step. As I tiptoe up to the door, acting like it could break at any second, I knocked. I was so scared that my first knocks sounded like pencil tapping. I cleared my throat and knocked harder, wincing with every knock. I heard foot steps coming towards the door until the door handle started to turn and I heard the click. It opened to reveal a hobbit haired Dan in an over sized sweatshirt and black jeans.
"Y/N? Hey! What are you doing here? How did you know I was missing you?" He chuckled as he pulled me into a hug. I was startled for a second, but then I wrapped my arms around his waist and clung on for dear life. I was hugging him like it was the last hug I'd ever get from him. We stood there in silence for a second until he finally spoke up saying, "Umm so what did you need? Are you ok?" He said as he looked down at me with a face of concern. I backed up, immediately missing his warmth. I backed up and it took a second for the words to form, but when they finally did, I said, "U-Um.. Can I t-talk to you?" Looking down and shoving my hands in my pockets, I finally looked back up and he said, "Sure.. Um.. Did you wanna talk to Phil too? He just went out to the market." Rubbing the back of his neck and shuffling his feet awkwardly when I said, "N-No. I just need to tell you something that's been on my mind for a while." "Oh.. Ok! Come on in!" He smiled, showing off his dimples and stepping aside for me to walk in. I walked in and he closed the door, grabbing my hand and pulling me up the stairs. All the way up, I kept staring at our joined hands, feeling his soft skin. I blushed and looked up at him to see him staring at me. He smirked when we made eye contact. I immediately started blushing even more, quickly changing my sight to the walls. He finally let go of my hand to open the door to his room. I went in and sat on his bed, looking down at my shaking hands.
"So.. What did you want to talk about? Are you ok?" He said as he crossed his arms and looked at me with his eyebrows furrowed in a worried way.
"Actually.. No.. I'm not ok." I started off, looking at the wall beside me. "Well whatever it is, I'm here for you. I care about you so much Y/N. And remember, friends tell the truth. Always." He said softly and loving as he bent down onto his knees in front of me, placing his hands on my knees and rubbing them softly with his thumbs. "I-I um.." I stuttered trying to look away, but I felt his hand come under my chin and pull me back towards him. He made eye contact with me and said, "Y/N, you have to look at me ok? Go on and tell me. There is nothing you could ever, EVER do to make me hate or not love you. Got that?" "Y-Yes.. I got it.. Um, Dan.. I'm not ok because I'm madly in love with you. I mean, damn! On my way here I was thinking about you to make me more courageous. You make me happy.. I can't eat, sleep, do ANYTHING without you in my mind. And I haven't been able to tell you because I knew you'd never feel the same.." I said. When I came to reality, I realized that my cheeks were dripping with tears. There was a minute of silence until I heard, "You fucking idiot." And then a chuckle. "Wha-What?" I croaked out, looking at him with a confused look. "You. Fucking. Idiot." He said with a huge smile on his face. "You think I don't feel the same? Have you ever come to notice how I don't get into any relationships and if I do they all end bad? Because I only love one girl, and that's you Y/N. So the fact that you say I would never feel the same makes you an idiot." And with that, he leans in and kisses me. It's like fireworks and butterflies combined. His lips are so soft and plump. I started kissing back and wrapped my arms around his neck as his wrapped around my waist.
We break for air and he smirks at me and says, "I couldn't or wouldn't lie to you. After all, friends tell the truth. Always."