Lucky Me..

Okay, so.. I HIT 700 READERS!
You guys must be so fuckin used to this by now, but it still freaks me out when I hit another milestone.
We're so close to hitting 1k, I'm actually gonna' scream.
You guys make my dreams come true.
Don't forget to follow me! :)

1320 Words

It's not easy being Melissa's best friend. It's definitely not easy seeing her and her family every other day.
You wanna' know why?
Melissa Leanne Howell has a brother. A  brother who I seem to have taken an interest in. But there's a few problems with that.
1. Daniel James Howell is a fucking fuck boy.
2. He's 2 years older than me and Melissa.
And 3. He doesn't know I like him, or so I think, so when I see him at school or at Melissa's house with some bitch, I have to act like it doesn't affect me.

Which brings me to today.

"Hey Y/N!" I hear Melissa call behind me. I'm walking down the halls towards my last class of today. "Hey Mel." I smile at her. It was a fake smile, however. Melissa and I have last class together, but also with someone else..
Can you guess?
Yup, it's Dan.
Honors math has 8th graders and 10th graders together. Lucky me..
Melissa was talking about random nonsense that I could care less about, but my attention was directed to Dan who was all up against one of the school's top whores. They were making out as he pushed her against a locker and got in between her legs.
"Y/N?" I heard Mel try to get my attention. "Y/N!" Mel called. "What?" I asked rather harshly, turning to Mel who was a few steps behind me. "You passed the class.." She said defeatedly. "Oh.. I'm sorry." I giggled stupidly as I walked back to the classroom. Mel and I sat beside each other, leaving Dan to sit behind me. Lucky me..
Speak of the devil, there he is. Sauntering into the classroom like he owns the place, he makes eye contact with me and smirks. He walks down the rows of desks till he reaches his own, making sure to brush up against me when he walks past. I roll my eyes and turn to Melissa, who's looking at me apologetically, apologizing for her brother's behavior. She knows I like him, she can tell. We've been best friends for 7 years. 7 years stuck with the Howell's, allowing more time and feelings to sprout for Dan. Lucky me..
Class begun shortly, the teacher giving us a free day because we did so well on our last test. Everyone started getting excited, pulling out their phones and laptops, but I pulled out a book. My favorite book, (f/b) by (a/o/b). I've read it multiple times, but it never gets old. It's a classic, a part of my childhood, if you will.
"You never stop reading that book, huh Y/N?" I heard Dan chuckle behind me. I rolled my eyes again, trying to ignore him. "Why are you ignoring me? Did I upset you when I was all up against Brittney in the hallway? Oh yeah, I saw your face. It was hilarious." Dan laughed evilly at me. Personally, that stung. My eyes welled up with tears but I quickly blinked them away before they dripped onto my book. "You make it quite obvious that you like me." Dan whispered as he leaned over his desk so his mouth was right beside my ear. My eyes widened with shock as I turned to look at him. His smirk grew as he saw my reaction. "You really thought I wouldn't know? Oh my god, you're an idiot! You're so obvious, it's kinda' cringey." Dan said louder. One of his friends, Bradley, high-fived him and laughed at me as well. "Have I touched a nerve, Y/N? Have I finally broken you?" Dan said in a baby voice. Tears were fully escaping my eyes now, much to my displeasure. I quickly wiped them away and turned back around in my seat. "Aww, poor Y/N. She got her wittle baby heart bwoken." Bradley said in a voice that you'd talk to a toddler in. Before they could continue their hurtful banter, the bell rung. I quickly grabbed my backpack and bolted out of the room. It was the end of the day, and I walked home, so I exited the school and started my trek home.
As I continued down the road, I saw a park bench that was in the shade. Trees that were full of flowers surrounded it. It looked magical.
I decided that I would go sit there, in the gorgeous looking grove, and cry. Cry to my heart's content. It was soothing, really. Birds chirped around me and butterflies floated wistfully from flower to flower. My eyes were now red and puffy, but I didn't care. I just looked at the different types of flowers and creatures that surrounded me.
But that was soon ruined. Lucky me..
Dan came running up to me, one backpack strap around his shoulder and one of his hands had a book..?
"Y/N!" Dan huffed as he came to a stop. "Y-Y/N.." He stopped to catch his breath before he looked back up at me. "You left your book." He smiled as he handed me my book. I snatched it out of his hand and glared at him. "Why do you care? Leave me alone." I hissed as I looked down at the book that was clutched in my hands. "I wanted to apologize. I didn't mean all of that, I really didn't." I heard him say softly as I felt him sit down on the bench next to me. "Uhhuh, like I believe you." I laughed harshly. "It's true. I didn't mean any of that. I just have a reputation to uphold. If we were alone, like we are now, I would've been much nicer. Like I am now.." Dan sighed as he leaned back and outstretched his arms. "You're just a fuck boy, Dan. You just wanna' fuck me and leave me in the dirt. I know your games." I mumbled as I rubbed my eyes. "Can you at least give me a chance? Let's just spend like.. 30 minutes here. If you like how I am in that 30 minutes, then you have to forgive me and let me prove to you that I'm better than what you know. If you don't like it, then I'll leave you alone forever. Deal?" Hints of begging were detected in his now soft voice. I looked up and leaned back as well, my back coming into contact with his outstretched arm and the back of the bench. I sighed and looked over at him, our eyes making contact. He smiled and pulled me closer. "Fine. But only 30 minutes. Then we're done." I smiled slightly. "Thank you. I promise you won't regret it." His eyes lit up with happiness and thankfulness.

He was right. I wouldn't regret it. Those 30 minutes were the best of my life. We sat and talked, finally understanding each other better. We laughed, smiled, and came to an agreement. Little did I know, that he also had feelings for me, but couldn't tell me when we were in public. Well, because of his friends and all. It was all okay, we were okay.
In that 30 minutes, we also started a relationship. A relationship that would last us years. Years of love and enjoyment. I still thank Melissa to this day for being my best friend.
It's amazing what a little luck can do. I threw around the words 'lucky me' all the time, but seriously, it's no joke anymore. It's real life now. It's real, we're real. Lucky him, lucky us,

Lucky me..