Dan and I

Guys, literally, I can't. I just.. Can't. 500 already! And we're halfway to 600 as I'm writing this! You guys are literally so amazing, it's so hard to explain. I'm writing another sad one for this achievement, I'm sorry. :)

1160 Words

"Hey, Y/N, can you help me pick out an outfit for this date?" I hear Dan call to me from his room.
Wait, what? Another date?
"I'll be there in a sec!" I called back. I have a massive crush on Dan, which doesn't help with his constant need to find a new girl to fuck every weekend. I got up and made my way over to Dan's room. I knocked on his door softly. "Come in!" He said a few seconds later. I opened the door, walking in and immediately turning around, my cheeks flushing red.
"DAN! YOU'RE ONLY IN YOUR UNDERWEAR!" I laughed loudly as I covered my eyes. "Y/N, stop being a child and help me pick out some clothes." He chastised me. "Fine." I pouted childishly as I uncovered my eyes and walked over to him and his closet.
"How fancy is the date?" I asked first. "I'm taking her to the little diner on 5th Avenue." He answered. I nodded my head and picked out a pair of ripped black jeans that I personally love on him. I tossed them onto his bed and turned back to the closet. "What is the girl's personality? What does she look for in a man?" I questioned again. I tried to make the questions seem like they were about the clothes, they were in some parts, but mostly just my passive aggressive curiosity. "She apparently likes sexy guys. Dangerous and mysterious." He chuckles as he recalls a memory. I nodded unenthusiastically as I picked out a blood red with black buttons dress shirt, collar and all. I tossed it next to the pants and turned to Dan.
"Just add a black suit jacket and then you're set to have a date with yet another whore." I smiled a fake smile and turned around to walk out. "Excuse me?" I heard Dan call behind me. "You must not have heard me. I said that you should add a black suit jacket to that and then you'd be set to go fuck another whore." I turned my head to look over my shoulder to look at Dan. His mouth was agape and his eyes were wide. I just smiled sadly as I started to walk out. "Who the hell do you think you are to call the girls I go out with 'whores'? It's none of your business anyways if they are!" Dan calls again, his voice raised.
"Who am I?" I mumbled softly. "WHO AM I?" I raised my voice as well, whipping around to look at him. "I'm the girl who helps you pick out clothes for your dates. The dates that end up with fucking then never talking again. I'm your roommate who has to endure the sounds of moaning and bed creaking ever Saturday. I'm your roommate who gets heartbroken every time she has to help you pick out clothes for these 'dates' and then gets even more heartbroken when she listens to the sex going on next door!" I exclaimed as tears flooded down my face. "I'M THE GIRL WHO'S IN LOVE WITH HER ROOMMATE WHO DOES NOTHING BUT TORTURE HER WITH FALSE LOVE AND CARE!" I screamed as my eyes burned and my nose got stuffier. Dan's face of anger turned to hurt and confusion. His expression dropped into one of nothingness as he thought about what I said. "Have a nice date." I falsely smiled as I stormed out of his room, slamming the door shut behind me. I went to my room and threw on a pink hoodie and black tights. I pulled my hair up into a ponytail and grabbed my wallet. I slipped on my black and pink adidas as I walked to the front door of our apartment. Dan was coming out of his room as well, fully dressed and looking nice as ever. We made awkward eye contact as I left the apartment, walking down the flights of stairs with Dan behind me. We made it to the front where we finally went our separate ways. Him to his black car, off to his date. Me walking down the sidewalk to the Starbucks that was down the street.
I entered the Starbucks, the familiar ding of the door's bell filling my ears comfortingly. I was hit with the soothing smell of coffee and muffins. "Hello miss, how may I help you?" A rather cute barista asked me. "A venti caramel frap and a blueberry muffin, please." I smiled as I pulled out my wallet. "Certainly. Name and perhaps your phone number?" The barista asked smoothly as he winked at me. His quiffed brown hair chiseled his mocha tanned face. His baby blue eyes pierced my e/c ones as I blushed. "Y/N and.." I pulled out a pen and little piece of paper. I wrote down my number and handed it to him along with money for the food. "5 minutes." The barista smirked as he walked away to work on my order. I nodded and walked over to an empty table by the window. It started raining, how fitting for my feelings. I pulled out my phone and started scrolling through my photo albums. I noticed one that was labeled 'Dan & Y/N.' I hesitated about it for a second before opening it.
Dozens of pictures flooded my screen. All of them were times that Dan and I had done something special together. Like one was a selfie of us eating cotton candy at a nearby festival. Another one was of us just laying on the couch in the living room as we watched anime. My head was in his lap as he stroked my messy hair. I smiled softly at the pictures as I tear rolled down my cheek.
"Is that your boyfriend?" The barista randomly appeared with my muffin and coffee. "No, he's just my roommate. But sometimes I wish he was.." I smiled bitterly as I looked back down at my phone. The barista nodded and left back to his station as another costumer walked in. I started sipping my drink as I scrolled through more of the pictures. Dan and I at the beach laying on a towel together. Dan and I on the London Eye as my head laid on his shoulder. Dan and I sitting on a bench in a random park while red and brown leaves fell around us.
Dan and I, Dan and I, Dan and I...

It's always us. It's always been us. Sometimes I wish he'd see that, that it's us and not just him or me. We live together, we're best friends, we do everything together.
I just wish we were together...