Now It's Us

GUUUYYSSS! 600 ALREADY! I'm SCREAMING! Just 2 stories ago, I hit 500, and we're already almost to 700 as I'm writing this! I can't, like I just can't. It would be even more amazing if you guys would follow me, please. I don't wanna sound annoying or anything, it would just make me really happy. Anyways, this is part 3 of the 'Dan and I' series, a lot of people requested it. Big thanks to all the love and support from all you lovely people. On to the part 3!

1100 Words

Waking up to a wet and messy mattress isn't the most beautiful thing ever. Damp covers, pillows, mattresses, and me. Everything was tear stained. My phone had smudge marks and my earbuds were tangled up around my neck. That's probably not the safest way to sleep, but when you're sad and heartbroken, do you really care?
I reached over and turned on my bedside lamp, my eyes immediately killing me from the sudden light. I groaned and face planted into the bed, shielding my weak body from anymore torture. I felt drained and lifeless, like all happiness had been drained from me. Like I had been kissed by a Dementor from Harry Potter, but over and over again.
I finally got out of bed, wiping my crusty and tear streaked face. I pulled my hair up into a messy bun and took off yesterday's clothes. I pulled on some black shorts and a black oversized hoodie that said, 'Black Makes The Pain Go Away.' That's why black is my favorite color, so is Dan's..
I opened my bedroom door, making my way downstairs to the kitchen. The pitter-patter of my bare feet as they walked on wooden floors was the only sound heard. I entered the kitchen and started deciding what I wanted for breakfast. Pancakes and bacon sounded good. I opened the fridge, retrieving everything I need and started cooking. About 10 minutes later, I heard someone coming downstairs. Dan..
His messy form finally showed as he reached the bottom steps. His curly locks were disheveled and he was in nothing but black pajama pants. He turned to look at me, shock on his face. I didn't turn to look at him, however. I was busy focusing on flipping my pancakes.
"Morning." I spoke first. My voice was cracky and dry from all the crying. It took him a few seconds to realize I had said something, but he quickly reorganized himself. "Good morning." He spoke as he leaned on the kitchen counter behind me. Silence and tension filled the air as the only sounds heard were the flipping of pancakes and the cracking of eggs. "Y/N, I'm sorry." He said softly, cutting the tension quickly. I just nodded and continued cooking. "Y/N, please. I didn't mean what I said, I'm really sorry." He begged slightly. "It's fine. It's all said and done." I replied blatantly. More silence and tension floated about as I scrambled my eggs. "But I don't want it to be done. I want to continue our friendship, Y/N." Dan sighed frustratedly. "But I don't." I said coldly. "What?" He whispered. "I don't want to continue our friendship, Dan. I can't continue our friendship. I want to be more, I need us to be more. It hurts me every time I think about it, but it's true. I love you Dan, but you don't love me the same way." I finally noticed that tears started to drip into my eggs, sizzling them more. I quickly wiped my eyes with my sleeve and dumped the eggs onto the plate with my pancakes. I turned around and walked over to the sink which was right next to where Dan was sitting. Still silence, hurt feelings cascading through the thick atmosphere. I cleaned off the pan and spatula, placing them in the sink until later, when I would do the dishes. I grabbed a fork and my plate, going to sit down on the couch. I turned on the TV, switching to Netflix. I started playing Stranger Things season 2, something that makes me happy that Dan and I don't watch together.
About 40 minutes later, the episode came to an end and I had finished my food. Dan had went back up to his room with a bowl of cereal or something. I paused the next episode that started playing and got up, walking over to the kitchen sink. I started rinsing my plate as I felt someone behind me. Hands gripped my hips and lips trailed kisses up and down my exposed neck. I was trying my hardest to dislike the feeling, but no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't.
"I love you, Y/N.." I heard Dan mumble in between kisses. "I love you the way you love me, I just never thought you would reciprocate the feelings. I mean, I'm not good enough for you." He whispered into the crook of my neck, causing shivers to trail all over me. I turned off the faucet and set down the plate, turning around to look up at Dan. "Don't play with my feelings, Howell." I warned softly as I stared into his eyes. "I'm not, love. I promise. I love you so much, please give me a chance. I'm sorry I hurt you, I was in denial." He whimpered as sadness filled his eyes. I thought about it for a second, ever scenario filling my mind. "This is your last chance, Daniel." I whispered as my eyes traveled down to his pink and perfect lips. "I know, and I'm so, so grateful that you're giving it to me, even though I was a complete prick." He whispered back as his eyes traveled down to my lips too.
"Prove it." He didn't need to be told twice. He placed his lips softly onto mine, fitting them perfectly into a gorgeous kiss. My eyes fluttered closed in pure lust, our mouths moving in sync. We separated, out of breath from spilling our emotions into that one kiss. "I love you Y/N, truly I do. Please be mine." He pleaded as he stared into my eyes. "I love you too, and I was always yours." I smiled before kissing him again. He smiled into the kiss as we stood there. No longer was the air filled with silence, hurt, and tension. It was overflowing with love, passion, and lust. It was no longer just me, or Dan and I. It was now us. Us, now it's us.

Now it's us..