1k Special

GUYS! WE DID IT. WE DIIIID ITTT. IM HYPERVENTILATING, CALL A PARAMEDIC. IVE FALLEN AND I CANT GET UP.  WEEWOOWEEWOO LEEDLE LEEDLE LEEDLE.
Anyways..
Okay so this is part 2 to 'The Puzzle' since I hit 1k and I couldn't think of anything else that was anywhere near special enough to write for 1 flippin k. Anyways, you guys seemed to like the part 1? so I thought I'd give it a try. This gets even crazier, so try to keep up quicker than you did last time. :,',-)

The Puzzle: Part 2

"Alright.. Let's begin." I clasped my hands together tightly. We all took turns telling the group all the information we needed. Sometimes we laughed, sometimes we looked sympathetic, but most of the time, we just looked shocked. We definitely laughed when Dan told us his greatest fear was moths. He's basically a tree, how is he scared of such a tiny thing?

Once we were all done explaining ourselves, we all got up and made our way to the humongous entrance.
The entrance read, 'Beware thee, fisherman. Inside these tall stone walls are your brain's deepest temptations and your heart's darkest voids.' I mumbled the words aloud, even more memories from the last time I was on this same island came back, punching me in the gut. I took a deep breath, that assumably brought the attention of a curly haired boy that stood beside me. His hand slowly crept up, meeting mine and enveloping it in a warm embrace. I looked over at Finn to see him smiling reassuring at me, nodding for me to open the walls up. I gulped, still holding Finn's hand as I walked up to the wall and closed my eyes. "Beware thee, Puzzle. We are here to test our limits, to become worthy of escape. Open for our golden victory or treacherous demise." I whispered. I heard scraping bricks, so my eyes fluttered open to see a small opening. I looked behind me at my newly found friends, giving them all a glance of 'are you ready?' They all nodded, some more hesitantly than others. I nodded back at all of them, walking forward to the entrance, Finn's hand gripping to mine.

I walked in, looking around to take in our surroundings. It what looked to be an old Mexican hotel. Hammocks hung everywhere, along with colorful pillows on old rickety bunk beds. Beautiful sandy stone walls with half circle windows surrounded us. As soon as everyone stepped in, another paragraph carved itself lightly into the wall. 'When the hound sees you awake, it will take you to the depths of hell. When the hound sees you asleep, it will move along to search the rest of the grounds.' I read the clue over and over again, thinking about what the hell it could've meant. "Millie, you said you were scared of big dogs, right?" I asked her, not even turning around as I continued to reread the paragraph. "Yes.. Yes I am. My mother used to tell me a story that would scare me into going to bed early, but instead, it just scared me enough to make me never want to sleep again." She audibly gulped. I nodded along, letting her know I was listening. "Y/N, what do you think it means?" Finn whispered to me. I thought about it once more, before a lightbulb struck me. "Oh, it's simple! The bunk beds!" I exclaimed, an excited smile gracing my face. All of my friends just looked at me with pure confusion. "When we see or hear the hound, we have to pretend to be asleep on the bunk beds or it will kill whoever is awake and roaming around." I explained. Everyone's faces lit up in understanding. Before anyone could respond, we all whipped around frantically as we heard a deep howl from behind us. "Go!" I hissed as I bolted for a bunk bed. Finn laid down beside me, hiding his adorably scared face in the crook of my neck. Everyone soon climbed into a bed, the room going silent. Suddenly, the thumping of giant paws were heard from a corridor. The tip tapping of sharp claws went well with the sound of sniffing. I shut my eyes tightly as the sounds got closer. Finn cuddled closer into me, nearly squeezing the breath out of me. I heard growling come from the doorway, the hound checking the room to see if anyone was still awake. "Millie, it's your mother, baby. I'm here, I'm here for you. Get out of bed, sweetheart. Get out of bed and give your mummy a hug." I heard an off tone motherly voice come from the dog. Millie's greatest desire was her mother. She's very close to her mom, and right now, she wants to be with her mom more than anything. "Millie, don't, it's the hound. It just wants you to get out of bed so it can get you. It's testing you, remember?" I whispered to Millie. She was only 1 bunk bed away from me, so she heard it easily. A soft tear fell down her cheek as she nodded, nuzzling her head further into the pillow. I heard it huff as it walked away, checking the other hallways for delinquents. A shaky sigh left everyone's lips as my eyes shot open. We all got up quietly, entering the corridor again. We had to hop into other bunk beds a few times to avoid the hound, and I had to constantly remind Millie that the voice wasn't her mother as the voice got more lifelike and caring, but other then that, we were in the clear.

We finally made it out of the first task, all alive and well, besides for Millie who looked distraught. I let go of Finn's hand for a second, only to go over and hug Millie. She broke down crying, fully shaking and sobbing as she wrapped her tiny arms around my back, her face going into my shoulder. I hushed her quietly, rubbing her and soothing her comfortably. After 10 minutes of that, she finally calmed down enough for us to continue. I let go of her, patting her on the shoulder sweetly as I went back over to Finn, our hands intertwining again. I looked forward, walking with my head held high.

"Onto the second task."