Chapter 1

Tatiana

Waking up to an incessant beeping, I reached for the damn phone and typed in my code, silencing the noice. Squinting my eyes due to the brightness, I read the mission given to me by my unidentified employer. Groaning, I forced myself out of bed.

Waking up to your real life nightmares was never a good way to start your morning with. Ever since that day, I became nothing but a forgotten memory.

My team mates, leaving me behind was a stab at the back. I understood that if they didn't take off any second, all of us would die. But it still hurt that they basically abandoned me there to die. When the explosion came, by some sort of miracle, just seconds before the bomb went off, I jumped through the roof of the next building and hid behind these big metal tubes, lessening the impact of the explosion.

Still, the force of impact was strong and metal tubes was not enough to fully shield me, I remember something hard knocking me out, and the next thing I know, I woke up to debris all over the place and some locals trying to search for survivors. They tended to my wounds without question, and I was grateful. If it weren't for them, I might be six feet under the ground.

When I regained my strength, I went under the radar, and well, here I am. A first-class hitman, or is it hitwoman? I don't really care what they call me. Oh, and also, a florist, as my cover. I absolutely adore flowers, but back at the agency, we weren't even allowed a pot of plant to decorate our rooms, because Rule #1 No Attachments. Or is it it rule #3 ? I honestly lost track of the rules we had to live by back at that hell hole.

It's been 3 years since the accident, and my reputation for being an assassin has been going up. The agency hasn't caught up to my identity, they did train me, so I certainly learned from the best, and became even better. Many organizations were still trying to hire me, but I declined each and every one of them. Becoming a lone wolf had its advantages.

I reread the text I received earlier.

JONATHAN MAXWELL

Queen's

8:00 PM

I know this man. He's a typical wallstreet wolf. Probably got on the wrong side, and made an enemy. Well, he certainly barked on the wrong tree. Pun intended.

It was still early in the morning and I have my regular customers who should be arriving any minute now. Making my way to the bathroom, I splashed cold water on my face and brushed my teeth. I took off my night clothes and wore a simple baby blue summer dress. Tying my hair in a nice braid, I headed downstairs to open my shop.

My house is a simple 3-story building, not too small, and not too big. Being an assassin pays, so I can easily afford this house. The first two floors is my home, and the ground floor was my flower shop. Over all, from the outside, you'd think I'm just any normal twenty one year old girl trying to get by. Well, minus the killing part.

Squatting down, I unlocked the metal divider from its keyhole. I pulled it up through its handle, the noice of metal clanking filling the early morning as the divider rolled up.

I placed the baskets of fresh flowers that got delivered just yesterday outside, and started placing the small bouquets on the other side. Satisfied with the set up, I went inside my store, the jingle of the bell sounding as I pushed open the door.

I took my leather apron from the rack and tied it around my waist. I proceeded on watering the hydrangeas, sunflowers, orchids, daffodils, carnations and many more flowers that filled the entire store.

I was in the middle of spraying the orchids when the bell jingled and an old man entered bringing a smile to my face.

"Good morning Maurice, what can I get you today" I said as I greeted the old man who wore a suit everyday, even if it was just to visit his sick wife to the hospital.