Chapter 19

Dimitri

When Tatiana winked at the bird cam, I can't help but feel that it's directed at me. I smiled to myself thinking how this exercise will go down.

"She's good Dimitri, and to think it's her first time training at this site" Boris said interrupting my thoughts.

I nodded my head in agreement. It was true, Tatiana was indeed good. I was amazed at how she fought it out with Viktor knowing she could have easily taken him down with her gun yet she chose to fight fairly. That's my girl.

As expected, the twins faced Anton's group head on and have failed miserably. I admit, I wasn't so sure on who would win between Tatiana and Viktor's group but the results were favorable nonetheless.

I noticed Tatiana and Anton's tactics were quite similar, although Tatiana was more quick-witted, Anton's group headed straight towards our trap and was before he even realized it was too late for them to back out.

As I watched the screen showing Tatiana's movements, it will only be a matter of time before she gets here.

"Send another set of men to her coordinates. I'll be at the rooftop waiting" I ordered Boris as I made my way outside.

"Do you think she'll win?" Boris added.

"We'll see" I replied as I shut the metal door.

***

Tatiana

After encountering the mechanical bird I was pretty sure this whole place is wired with cameras and bugs.

Shifting my gun in position, I signaled Justin to go forward. With a nod of his head, we continued our path towards the tower at the entrance of this training site.

Technically the tower in itself is within the vicinity which doesn't exclude itself as a potential hiding area of the flag. I bet both Dimitri and Boris were having a field day watching us from there.

Hearing crunches from the ground, I immediately took cover behind the tree beside me while Justin did the same. I sneaked a peak from my hiding spot and I noted three to five men heading our way. It was a good thing they haven't noticed our presence yet.

I looked over at Justin and beckoned him to climb the tree. Following my orders, he situated himself up the tree hidden behind the leaves.

I shifted my gun behind me and reached out for my knife that was tucked inside my boot. Climbing up the tree I was hidden behind, I positioned myself ready to attack the men.

When they were in clear view, I took note that there were indeed five men. Most of them handling hand guns and the others with knives. When the first man stood exactly under me, I jumped off the branch and landed on his shoulders while I pulled him down with much force as I slashed my knife onto his uniform.

I heard two gun shots and by the sound of angry men, two were already taken down by Justin. Sensing someone from behind me, I quickly drew my gun onto my front and aimed for the guy. Thank goodness for fast reflexes.

"That's five of them" Justin said as he climbed down from his position.

"Just how many are there?" I asked frustrated.

I guess I spoke to soon because we heard men coming from the opposite direction. This is bad. If I continue to fight off men, I don't know if I would still have the energy to defeat Dimitri.