Chapter 14

Tatiana 

I turned my head around and saw Dimitri staring right at me. From the corner of my eyes I saw Boris shaking his head, a small smile playing on his lips while Anton on the other hand was clenching his jaw. What's his problem?

"Um, okay" I said unsurely as I walked back towards his desk.

"Take a seat mishka, I have something to tell you"

His words brought an uneasy feeling as I tried to remain calm and composed. Okay, this it Tatiana, you're going to finally get the answers you need. I looked at him in anticipation and his next words caught me off guard.

"Will you go out with me?" Dimitri asked seriously.

"Excuse me?" Did I hear him correctly? Did he just ask me out? Dimitri?

"Yes, mishka, I am asking you out, will you accompany me to the senator's ball?

Holy shit! Did I just say that out loud? But the smirk on Dimitri's face was enough to confirm my thoughts and I felt my whole face burn in embarrassment.

Clearing my throat, I looked anywhere but him, I have never been this frazzled because of a man! I heard shuffling and I looked up to see Dimitri walking around the desk until he was standing in front of me as he leaned on the table.

"So mishka? Is that a yes?" Dimitri inquired.

"Do I even have a choice?" Answering his question with a question.

"Of course you do, I don't force women to do anything they wouldn't like"

Women. Plural. And just the thought of it leaves me in a foul mood. Of course he had countless women before me, he's just probably buttering me up like a bread roll before he ships me off to the enemies.

"Then no, I won't go with you" Liar. A nagging voice in my head declared.

"No?" Dimitri asked.

"Yes, No" I countered.

"Is it a yes or no?" He asked teasingly.

"N-O, no Dimitri" rolling my eyes at him.

"What if I persuade you to come?" His voice dangerously low as he leaned down, his face so close to mine.

"I won't change my m-"

Before I could finish my reply, Dimitri sealed his lips on mine. His hands went to my face as he urged me to kiss him back. I managed to resist for like a few seconds, pathetic I know, but his kisses were so addictive that resisting him was quite futile.

My hands automatically wrapped around his neck as he lifted me off the chair and onto his desk. His hands travelled down in an excruciatingly slow pace, while goose bumps rose where his hands had been.

When we accidentally pushed some of the items off the table, I snapped out of the daze I was in.

"Dimitri we should stop" I said, resting my hands on his shoulder gently pushing him away. But he didn't budge as he directed his lips on my neck. When he kissed a certain spot, I can't help but release a moan and I was sure he was smirking in accomplishment.

"Why mishka? I know you want this too" he said as he continued kissing my neck.

The sensation his lips were leaving on me felt so good that I didn't want him to stop. But this isn't right.

"Because... it's not wise getting attached to something you're just going to dispose off in the end" I whispered, looking down.

At my words I felt Dimitri's whole body tense. He stopped kissing my neck and rested his hands on the table caging me in. He was looking down with his jaw clenched and his hands fisting.