Chapter 24: Part 2

Dimitri's POV (Chapter 24)

As Tatiana left towards the door, I can't help but feel I said something wrong. We we're okay this past few days, what have suddenly happened?

The familiar click on the door sounded which brought me out of my reverie. I headed towards my desk and and took a seat at my leather chair, leaning backwards as low as the chair could get.

"I won't hold myself responsible if I burst out laughing when you fall down"

My eyes darted towards Viktor as he took his place near the desk and leaned on it.

"What do you want Vik? I'm tired so no funny business" I stated plainly.

"Oooooh.. trouble in paradise I see" Viktor smirked as I glared at him.

"I can't deal with this right now" I said as I closed my eyes shut and felt the a migraine coming.

Tatiana was one thing, but our war with the Mortelli's was another. If someone on the outside were watching our feud, they'd simply think it was a war on power struggle. But they are absolutely fucking wrong.

I wasn't petty enough to pick fights just for territory and clients. If you make your own strong and big enough, you wouldn't stoop low as to steal from others.

This 'game' the Mortelli's are playing is just foreplay. Both families know the grudge runs deep and it won't stop until one disappears from the game field.

Clap. A sudden clap brought me to attention.

"What the hell Viktor?!" I shouted at him.

"I'm sorry!! But you were totally out of it! I've been calling your name five times and you won't respond" he explained.

"Is it about them?" He asked after a while of silence, the tone on his voice changing to a more serious one.

"Yeah" I answered, not denying the truth. Viktor knows the story and the unfortunate happenings that took place.

"Don't worry about it. They'll get what they deserve. Especially him" Viktor said, anger laced in his tone.

"I know.. and I won't stop until they go down. They'll pay for what they took from us" I said as my anger boils thinking about them.

"I hope you won't get mad if I ask this.. and I know the plan's already started.. but are you really willing to put Tatiana at the center of this?" Viktor asked.

I stayed silent, knowing quite well what the answer to his question was. Even if I didn't want to, and my feelings for her grow stronger by the day, she plays an important role in this chaos.

I wasn't a hundred percent sure about her identity, but my hunch says otherwise. She isn't just an orphan who was recruited by the agency, and I need to know the truth.

I doubt Tatiana knows about it. I didn't as well until a source of mine gave me intel about them. And how the description perfectly fitted Tatiana.

Once again, my attention was brought by Viktor's waving hand in front of my face.

"What?!" I grunted.

"You've been spacing out again" he said.

"I won't let any harm get to Tatiana if that's what you were thinking"

"I know that, but the real question is, are you just using her?" He went on.

My temper spiked at his words and I suddenly find myself gripping the collars of his shirt tightly and saw nothing but red.