Bonus Chapter

Tatiana

I snuggled deeper to the soft plushness our bed offers. The cool morning chill made sleeping more irresistible until the damn baby monitor sounded off.

"Ugh" groaning, I shuffled on the bed until a heavy arm draped across my midsection followed by butterfly kisses all over my neck. A lazy smile graced my lips even before I got the chance to open my eyes.

"Good morning Dimi" I whispered-moaned. The voice I knew Dimitri couldn't resist.

"Good morning my love" he greeted back as he kissed my forehead. "But using that tone won't excuse you. It's your turn to check the kids"

"Well, it was worth a try" I grinned slyly. "I can't believe it's been a year already. Time flies so fast"

"And it's just the beginning. Come on, get up before those two throw tantrums that are enough to wake the whole place up"

I chuckled at that. It was true though, when the more serious tantrums happen, the whole house won't have any sleep. At all.

Getting up, I rearranged my disheveled old rose silk dress that reached to my mid thigh and wore the robe that came with it.

I stretched my arms up high until a slap on my ass jolted me more awake.

"Dimitri!!!" I scolded but he just laughed that manly irresistible laugh.

"Can you really blame me? Now go" he said smirking.

"Sheesh, if I don't know any better I think you're trying to push me out" I said jokingly.

"I love you" he said.

"Yeah, yeah, love you too" I said as I opened the door and headed to the twins' room.

The baby room was literally right across from ours. As I was about to take one step towards the door, I sensed something or someone.

My mood completely shifted from a relax one to an alert one. I placed my back to the wall and softly padded my way towards the corner where I sensed something to be. I knew it was a dead-end hallway with a window. Barefoot, I increased my speed, readying myself in there was indeed, an intruder.

I raised my hands up into a fighting stance, ready to face the culprit, but when I jumped into place, only an open window with the curtains flapping greeted my view.

I swear I sensed someone. Coming to the window, I placed my hands on the ledge and leaned forward. Not seeing anything from below or the sides, I craned my head above, and sure enough, that's when I saw the black boot that was just a second away from escaping.

"We're being infiltrated. The twins!" My heart caught up on my throat and as if to solidify my thoughts, I heard commotion coming from the twin's room.

I immediately sped my way towards their room, with a new profound bloodlust at whoever dared touch my kids.

You poked the wrong mama bear.

I pushed open the door and the same sight greeted me, the window open and looking over the cribs...

My babies...

"Oh my god. No no no"

Anger, Fear and sadness were the emotions that bombarded me right that second.

"Dimitri!" I shouted as I went outside and in to our room.

"Dimitri! The twins they're gone - we've been infil-" I rattled but stop at the scene that greeted me.

Our bedroom floor was covered in red.

All thoughts completely flew out of the window as I stared at Dimitri, my steps faltering a bit.