Chapter 29

Viktor

All of us were already geared up and were on our way back to Firenze's where Tatiana hopefully was. Everybody was so tensed and Dimitri's terrifying silence was not helping ease everyone's tension.

We were currently on the road, Boris on the wheel while Dimitri was on the passenger seat being awfully quiet. Knowing Dimitri for so long, I knew he was putting the blame all on himself. I understand where he was coming from, but he shouldn't shoulder all the weight, all of us had our shortcomings.

The twins were typing furiously on their laptop trying to reach Tatiana and locate her exact coordinates. I was busy looking outside, the trees passing by in a blur as I heard a grunt.

I turned my head so fast it could've given me a whiplash.

"What?" Andrei asked noticing my sudden alarm.

"Nothing.. I thought I heard someth-"

Hello?

My eyes widened in realization as I sat up straighter gripping my hand rest.

"Shit! Tatiana can you hear me?!" I yelled as the van suddenly halted.  I felt everyone's eyes on me as I adjusted the volume of the earpiece I was still unconsciously wearing. My forgetfulness finally did something good.

Viktor? Came Tatiana's timid reply.

"Thank God. We're coming for you, just hold on for a bit" I said.

I was waiting for her response but none came. We all assumed the blockers were turned on again.

"Got it" Andrei said from his seat.

"Step on it" Dimitri said from the front.

"Where is she?" I asked as Boris continued driving.

"She's roughly three floors below the first ground. That much I'm sure of" Andrei answered.

"What's the plan boss?" Anton asked.

Dimitri looked from the rear view mirror. "Kill them all. Don't leave any survivors" he said grinding every word in fury.

Everyone nodded their heads in response while I noticed the young bartender's eyes wide as saucers. He was fidgeting and shaking like a damn chihuahua. Welcome to the mafia kid.

Soon enough, the car parked just a few meters before the big metal gates. Boris shut down the car and everybody got off.

"You guys know the plan" Dimitri said authoritatively.

Every one of us just nodded our heads in agreement while we started walking on foot. Nearing the guard house situated on the left side of the gates, we swiftly hid behind the trees as the twins worked their magic on their laptops as the electricity went down. I noticed the cctv cameras go down and the emergency lights turn on. Taking that as the cue, Boris got his tranquilizer gun out and shot the old security guard.

We continued our way up the slope with Dimitri leading the group. Everyone was very alert but it seems like nobody from the enemies has caught on to us yet.

Nearing the door, chatting was heard. I bet those were Arturo's men talking around, and from the sounds of it, they were already intoxicated judging by the increasing loudness and nonsense they were spewing.

"Frateee...l'alcol qui è così buono" a man said.
Brother... the alcohol here is so good.

"Ay Marco!! Dios mio, si è bevuto!" Another man said. Ay Marco! My god, you are drunk!