Chapter 34

Tatiana

I woke up to the smell of food inside my room. Opening my eyes, I saw Anya laying down the tray and Viktor with his hands in his pocket.

"Hey there" Anya said.

"Hi Anya" I said smiling at her, feeling the sting on my lips as I cracked a healing wound. I touched my lip to see it bleeding yet again.

When I looked back up at Anya she had tears in her eyes and just broke down.

"Oh Anya" I opened my arms as she gently put her arms around me.

She cried for a bit until Viktor pulled her away from me.

"Alright drama queen, that's enough, you're hurting her" Viktor said.

"Drama queen? Who was the one who sobbed like a mess when you guys both got home?" Anya retorted just as Viktor clamped her mouth shut with his hand.

"Alright lovely sister we get the point, now be a dear and shut the fuck up" Viktor grounded as Anya struggled to get out of her twin brother's grasp.

I can't help but laugh at their bickering. They both stopped and looked at me with smiles on their faces.

"It's nice to hear you laugh kroshka" Viktor said.

"Alright alright. Here's the food Tatiana before it goes cold" Anya said as she set up the table and placed the food in front of me.

"This smells so good" I said as I got the spoon Anya handed out.

About two scoops in, I felt my stomach churn and the urge to barf was so strong. Viktor must have seen my face and scrambled to get the empty bin near my bed and gave it to me just in time.

I emptied my stomach which was close to nothing and dry heaved as I felt Anya's hands gently stroking my back.

After a while, Viktor got the bin and handed me a tissue box.

"Are you okay Tatiana? Is there something with the food?" Anya asked worriedly.

"You're cooking's delicious Anya, maybe it's just my stomach not used to food yet. I've been in the drip for how many days right?"

"I'll get the doctor" Viktor said.

"There's really no need-" I said but I was cut off.

"Yes you do, Anya help Tatiana clean up"

With a nod, Anya helped me out of bed and into the bathroom. We took slow steps and I was thankful Anya was patient with me.

When we got to the bathroom, I took hold of the marbled sink and held myself up. I looked at my reflection and I can't help but widen my eyes in surprise.

"Oh my god" I said.

My face was bruised and I had cuts everywhere. My hair was a bird's nest and my eyes looked so tired.

"This by far tops my worst after fights look" I said as I tried straightening my hair with my hand.

"You're still beautiful Tatiana, and what's important is that you're alive" Anya said.

"I guess you're right"

"Of course I am" Anya teased. "Come on, let's get you cleaned up"

Using a cloth, Anya started cleaning my body without letting the deeper wounds to get wet. She got out a brush and started brushing my wavy hair. Opening the drawers, she handed out a new toothbrush and let me brush my teeth. The feel and taste of minty freshness replaced the awful after taste of puke.