Chapter 23

Tatiana

After Dimitri's little tease stunt, I finally got up from my very comfortable bed and headed towards the bathroom to get ready for the meeting.

Stepping out of the shower, I took the white towel that hanged from the rack and covered myself with it. I went to the sink and wiped off the moisture from the mirror using my arm.

Staring at my reflection, the familiar birthmark caught my attention. I don't remember a lot from my childhood, but one thing that keeps on popping from time to time was the nickname "luna". I had a crescent shaped moon just above my collarbone. Sometimes I would get dreams where someone was calling me their "little luna" but everytime I turn to look at their faces I would wake up.

I traced the birthmark and an unfamiliar feeling crept up. Longingness. But I quickly dismissed the feeling and started on brushing my teeth determined to forget that. Feelings were such a no-no in my book, and I was already in deep shit for being  inlov- love? My eyes widened at where my thoughts were heading.

I quickly finished up and headed towards the walk-in closet. I was surprised to see it was already loaded with clothes my size. Not wanting to intrude, I still made my way towards the suitcase that on the corner. Opening it up, I saw the same set of clothes I was given from my stay back at Russia.
Pulling out underwear, skinny jeans and some v-neck shirt, I quickly put my clothes on and ran a hand through my still wet-hair.

I was almost in search of my phone but then I remembered they probably still have it. Tying my ever faithful combats, I walked outside the room, closing the door in the process.

I walked down the familiar hall until I spotted the twins. Alexei turned his head towards me and his face lit up. "Tatiana! There's our favorite girl" he walked up and slinging a hand over my shoulders. Rolling my eyes at him and shrugging off his arm
"I'm not your girl" I said as Andrei sling his arm over my shoulders as well.

"Of course you are!" Andrei said. "Come on the meeting's about to start" Alexei smirked as he put his arm on my shoulders again as all three of us headed towards the meeting.

When we walked up to a set of double doors, Andrei opening one of the doors as we all headed inside to see the rest of the gang already present.

I made eye contact with Dimitri and noticed that his eyes darted to both of the twins' arms draped around me. Rolling my eyes for the second time, I shrugged both of their arms to avoid unnecessary drama. I took my seat on the right side beside Boris who's busy looking at what seemed like a blue print of a building.

"What are you looking at?" I asked him.

"It's the blue print of Firenze's Banquet Hall, the original one, that is" he said not looking up.

Firenze's was an old Italian Style Banquet Hall here in the US. I haven't been there as it was only open to those belonging to the higher scale. Even in my time at the agency, the seniors would always get the mission if it were held there.

Dimitri's cough sounded which brought all of our attention to him.

"As you all know, Arturo is currently here in the US. He's been taunting us lately with these petty attacks on our minor locations, but we know it's only the beginning"  Dimitri said as he rested his elbows on his desk and stared at each and one of us.

"He knows we are his biggest threat and he'll stop at nothing to eliminate us. So I think it's only right we get a head start, don't you think?" He asked.

I felt the vibe of the room turn from relaxed to seriousness and excitement. Figures. These were mafia men, they live off of fighting, adrenaline and the excitement of being number one.