Chapter 30

Dimitri

Letting my men handle the chaos that was in the ballroom, I grabbed the bartender by his collar and dragged him towards the staff's quarters.

Before we could even make it half way, three men were already blocking our way.

"Guarda chi abbiamo qui ragazzi"  the man in the middle said.
Look who we have here boys

"Long time no see Dimitri. You sure have grown up"

I glared at the man in front of me. He was Giuseppe Rossi, and for as long as I remember, he was a thorn on our side. Even before Arturo was an issue, he had his fair share of mischiefs with the family.

"I suggest get out of my fucking way"  I seethed.

The two men by his side sported unsure looks but Giuseppe was not bothered by my tone. He was smirking at me.

"You know I can't do that. I have to buy Arturo more time with her" he said as he laughed maniacally.

The hidden meaning behind his statement made my blood boil more than it already was. I'm going to kill him.

Letting go of the kid, I marched forward ready to kill the bastard. His men came forward trying to land a punch but I easily grabbed hold of their fisted hand and twisted their arm painfully as I knocked the breath out of them.

More men came my way as Giuseppe watched with interest. Soon enough, some of my men came to my aid as Boris stood beside me.

"I'll handle him" he said.

Nodding at him, I looked around to see the boy almost getting killed but Viktor thankfully killed his attacker.

"Escape again and I'll be the one to kill you" I said as I dragged him towards our destination.

Taking out my gun, I shot everyone who came in my way. I was in no mood for fighting, I needed to find Tatiana even if it meant killing them in cold blood. I didn't give a fuck.

Opening the doors, I shoved the boy inside and surveyed my surroundings. Everything looked normal. Too normal.

"Where is it kid?" I asked the bartender.

"I'm not a kid. And I have a name, it's Liam" he snapped.

I raised a brow at his act. I pushed him towards the bricked wall with a thud and held him there. He gulped in horror as I cocked my gun towards his temple.

"Use that tone on me again kid and I'll make sure nobody gets to call your name again" I threatened.

"I-I'm s-sorry" he said stuttering. He was sweating and shaking in horror which satisfied me. Nobody disrespects me like that.

"Tell me where the passage is"

"Um. I'm not exactly s-sure where" he said.

"Well I suggest you fucking find it"

"R-right sir. Of course sir" he answered while he quickly went on all fours and started looking for the door that may lead to the basement.

Placing my gun on my back pocket, I went around the fairly large room. Going towards the back, my steps faltered when I saw a large painting of Tatiana.

Looking closely, I realized it wasn't Tatiana, it was her mother. The resemblance was so uncanny. I could see where Tatiana got her beauty from. Even though I knew her parents and both of our families were close, I was young at the time and barely remembered their faces.

Reaching out to touch the painting, the first thing I noticed, more like felt was the hollowness. Scrunching my brows in confusion, I fisted my hands and tried knocking on the painting only to hear the absence of a sound.