Chapter 5

Tatiana

Finishing our food, a maid in her late 50's came out of nowhere and started cleaning up.

"Let Maria do that Tatiana, she won't like it if you butted in on her work" Anya said.

Even though I was a professional killer, I wasn't about to complain and face the grumpy looking woman.

Anya gestured for me to come, and Viktor stood up as well.

"Don't leave the grounds Anya, I mean it. Dimitri won't be so keen if he finds out she" gesturing to me "managed to escape. Again" Viktor said and walked away to who knows where.

"So where do we start?" I asked.

"Let's start from top to bottom, we'll be more efficient that way" Anya said walking out of the kitchen to the foyer, she walked towards the small hallway besides the grand staircase and low and behold, a freaking elevator! Damn that Viktor! making me walk five flights of stairs when there was a friggin elevator.

When we got in, I noticed that there were 6 numbers on the pad plus two basement grounds. Wow. This place is huge! I thought.

When the familiar Ding of the elevator was heard, we stepped out of it and Anya proceeded with her "tour guiding".

"So this is the sixth floor, it's mainly bedrooms. Private quarters on the east wing, while guest bedrooms on the west wing. There aren't any guests now, so the west wing is deserted. My room, as well as Viktor's and those in the higher ups of the family hierarchy resides here" Anya explained, as we walked through several doors before stopping on one.

"The opposite one is Viktor's and this, is my room!" Anya opened the door and happily gestured me to come in.

The sight almost burned my eyes. Pink. Hot, sparkling, what the ever hell shade of pink was plastered in her room, you name it!

"Uh, um, your room looks fab!" I faked enthusiasm. I've never seen so much pink in one room! I was waiting for the barbie's world theme song to pop out any time soon!

"I know what you're thinking, it seems like Barbie threw up in here" she said laughing. "When you grow up in this kind of life, you'd want to preserve any femininity left, even if it's just inside these walls" she explained, looking around wistfully.

I only nodded. I did understand what she meant. I'm living a very similar lifestyle to what she grew up in.

"I know what you mean, Anya. Maybe just not the whole pink craze. I own a flower shop, and that's sort of my sanctuary amidst the war"

Looking around her bedroom, I saw a picture frame on her bed side table. From the looks of it, it's her and Viktor, and I think Dimitri? And judging at the picture they were no more than 6 or 7 years old. But what caught my attention was the other girl present in the picture.

"Who's the other girl in the picture?" I asked Anya.

Snapping her attention at the picture, I can't help but notice the flash of pain in her eyes. "She was my bestfriend" she said sadly.

Before I got the chance to ask more, clapping her hands as if to clap away the sudden sour mood, she walked towards the door gesturing me to come with.

"Come on, we have loads more to go to" Anya said.

Another secret to add to the list.

Following her out the door, she pointed out different doors that belonged to guys named Anton, Boris, Andrei and Alexei, guys who I would meet "very soon" Anya explaining that those were Dimitri's most trusted men.