0.8

"turn l-oh my god!" ricky shouted. baby was going as fast as the car would allow him. and what made one of the passengers shout 'oh my god' and another scream was that baby barely escaped hitting into a building. 

he himself was almost out of breath when they came to a quick stop. baby did a fast u-turn and hurriedly drove to safe haven. he was sweating from stress and anxiety while he drove and his face was contorted in a frown.

what happened?

baby was distracted while driving. that would never happen. and because of his distraction, he almost killed himself and his passengers. what could be on his mind now? 

"here you go, baby." doc handed him a bundle of dollars. baby took it and looked down at his feet as he felt doc inspecting him. "is... everything alright? my clients said you almost drove into a building today on your way back." 

baby didn't say a word, he only huffed quietly, his head still hanging down. 

"baby? is there something bothering you?" doc questioned.

"she shouldn't be." baby whispered.

"'she shouldn't be'?" doc repeated and then smiled. "don't get carried away, baby." he warned. baby nodded. "see you soon." doc left and baby figured he'd have to leave, too. 

when he got home, his adoptive dad was hanging out in the kitchen [a/n: keep in mind that his dad is deaf and they communicate through sign-language. their conversation will be written just as all the other conversations]

"haven't you got school?" joe asked. baby shook his head and put his backpack down on the floor next to his shoes. 

"not anymore."

"don't skip school because of work." joe said with a frown.

"i can't." baby replied. "are you hungry?" joe nodded. 

"spread it till the edges." he said. baby smiled wide and nodded. 

baby felt joe watching him while he made peanut butter sandwiches for him. he shrugged it off, wasn't anything special. 

when they were done, baby placed the plate with them on the kitchen table and pushed joe in his wheelchair to the table. "here you go." he said and sat opposite him. 

as joe ate, baby thought about today's near-death experience. sights and pictures of bella flashed through his mind. her smiling, talking, laughing, her facial expressions changing. as short was the time he knew her, bella was all and everything on baby's mind.

it should be illegal to like someone who's not available. it should be illegal to like your best friend's girlfriend. because what's the point of it? nothing's gonna work out. it's just pointless. but she was so... too good for jessie. baby thought he had almost cracked up jessie's secret, the one he was keeping from everyone.

it was either that he was planning on something big and horrible in the near future or that something nasty and bad was already going on. baby didn't know which one, but he bet on the second option. jessie wasn't all good.

"someone on your mind?" joe asked baby, disrupting his thinking. so his dad had suspicions already. baby didn't respond. "it'll be easier if you tell."

baby huffed. "someone i can't have." he answered. "jessie's girl."

joe shook his head and chuckled. "oh, son, that's a shame." joe said. baby nodded. "is she really that beautiful?"

"must be." baby said. "i can't get her out of my mind. almost killed myself and my passengers today." he confessed. joe raised his eyebrows.

"that's not good." joe said.

"i know." baby said. "i just can't get rid of her."

"well, i can only wish you luck." joe said and gave baby a reassuring smile. 

"thanks, dad." baby smiled back at his dad. and they sat there, smiling while the warm afternoon sun shone on them through the kitchen window.

oh man i hope this isn't crungy and weird

love you guys

vote, comment and share :)))

R