4.4

"hey, baby." doc said. he had his back to baby and he was drawing the plan for the day on the board. baby sat down in his usual chair and looked at the person sitting on the left side of the table. it was pirate. "i suppose you've met pirate."

he looked at baby, waving his hand. baby nodded. 

"we are again waiting for james." doc informed. "you remember him, right?"

"albinson."

"that's right." doc nodded. "but today he's got a 'guest' with him. i don't know who it is, but apparently the person is good at this kind of job."  

baby nodded again. who could it be? james's girlfriend?

it was sunday. the least expected day to rob a bank or anywhere else. baby was a little tired. he had gotten home late, due to him and bella talking and listening to music for a long time. she fell asleep and that was baby's cue to go home. it was around midnight. 

he met bella's mom on his way to the main door of the house. she was extremely nice to baby, and he wanted to cry because of how much she reminded him of his mom. baby liked bella's mom, and very much like bella. 

joe was asleep by the time baby got home, and he successfully put joe in bed without waking him up. baby couldn't fall asleep right away, the conversations he and bella had repeated in his head all the time.

"he's here." baby heard doc's voice through his music. baby turned his head to see who james had brought with him. at first baby couldn't quite see the person's face, but then he saw. it wasn't james's girlfriend. it was jessie's.

"g'day." james said. his arm was wrapped around bella's shoulders, holding her close to him. "today i've brought my daughter with me. she's very good at what we need her to do, so there's no need to doubt her. and i hear that our driver here is bella's age." james smiled at baby, and there was only a little bit of kindness in that smile. baby nodded.

"great." doc said monotonely. "now that introductions are over, we can go through the plan." 

james and bella sat at the right side of the table, bella taking a seat closer to baby. she was wearing a leather jacket and a baseball type of shirt underneath. the shirt's colour was grey and the collar and, baby assumed, sleeves were black. bella's jeans were a light blue and she had dr. marten's on her feet.

her hair was free, all of its glory and length out in the open. it was parted in the middle, and slightly wavy, tucked behind bella's ears.

her eyes were nervous as she kept glancing over at baby sometimes while doc was telling everyone the plan. but there was also something else baby noticed in her eyes, besides anxiety and curiosity. something... baby hadn't seen before.

and bella also hadn't spoken a word to him, not even said hello. it was weird that it surprised baby, because he knew the huge confidentiality of his job. 

so technically, bella was a criminal, too. and had far more secrets than she led on.

to say the least, baby was shocked at her appearance here. and with her dad?

maybe it was his fault that she was here with him. well, not his fault, but because of him. was he teaching her how to use weapons at home? training her to fight? 

baby's world was turned around and he didn't understand anything about bella.