2.9

"four black coffees, please

"four black coffees, please." baby said. it was finally his cue to order at the coffee shop. he was in a little hurry. 

"your name?"

"baby."

"baby?!"

'b-a-b-y, baby." he said. it was getting a little annoying that every new barista that worked there asked twice for his name. i mean, c'mon, people have totally given weirder names than baby.

the cashier nodded and started making baby's order. the coffee shop was empty, except for a few common costumers. it was a sunny day, there would be more people if it was raining outside. when there's good weather, everyone's enjoying drinks and foods outside.

"four blacks for baby!" the cashier said loudly, bringing baby back to the here and now. he nodded and took the set of four black coffees. 

"thanks." baby said and exited the coffee place. he walked back to headquarters as quickly as he could.

he took the elevator to save time and was soon walking into the trap of death, as he liked to call it. baby was walking towards the table where they talked about business. 

there were two strangers sitting opposite each other, baby hadn't seen them before. one of them was a big, muscular guy with a dark beard and long hair. the other one was smaller, but he had scars on his face, which made him look scary. they were both wearing suits. baby hoped the muscular guy's suit would hold together.

"there he is." doc said, standing by the end of the table. "now we just have one participant left." he stated. baby put the set of black coffees in front of doc and gave everyone present a cup of coffee, except himself. he took a seat at the end of the table.

baby looked over his shoulder when he heard the door slam shut again. a pair of footsteps were walking towards him and the table. 

it was a man, looked around fourty years old. he was skinny, maybe even slimmer than baby, but he looked intimidating. he had dark blonde hair that reached his shoulders, slightly wavy and he wore glasses. his features looked familiar to baby.

 his features looked familiar to baby

"greetings, james." doc said to the stranger. "we can finally begin talking. but first, let's get acquanited. so, this is baby," he started, gesturing for his driver, "he will be driving. the man to my left is named tony. and the man to my right is pirate."

tony laughed at that, his laugh was deep and rumbly. "what did you do, steal a ship?"

"not only a ship." pirate responded. 

"and the man who joined us last is james albinson." doc finished, james nodding at the mention of his name.

"nice to meet you all." james said with a devilish grin. his voice was smooth, quiet and somehow sweet. but when he spoke, baby instantly knew why he seemed familiar.

albinson.

bella's surname.