4.0

8:27pm

8:27pm

"hello?" her nervous voice answered.

"hey, bella." 

"hi, baby." he could hear the smile spreading on her face once hearing baby's voice. he smiled softly. "what is it?"

"how are you doing?" baby asked. he heard bella sigh through the phone after a few seconds. 

"i'm... i don't really know." she admitted.

"where are you?"

"at jessie's."

"do you wanna meet?"

"i'd love to." bella said, smiling fully into the phone. she giggled. 

baby almost laughed, but he suppressed laughter into a smile. "i'll be there in ten minutes." he said.

"alright." bella responded, baby could still hear the big smile on her face. 

"bye." he said and hung up. baby got his headphones, jacket, ipods and said bye to joe before walking out of the apartment and locking the main door. 

baby reached the apartment building jessie lived in exactly in ten minutes, just as he had told bella. she was waiting on the side of the street with a bag hung over her shoulder. bella smiled wide once she recognised baby in the car.

she was wearing a grey shirt with some print on it and two jackets over it, one small and black, and the other was longer, in the same colour. her jeans were black, too. thankfully, her shoes weren't black, they were white.

baby stopped the car a little further down the street and bella was soon opening the door of the passenger seat. she placed her bag on the car's floor and sat next to baby.

bella put her arms around baby's neck, embracing him in a hug. baby pulled her closer by placing his hands on her sides. he was still quite unsure about touching bella, baby was actually unsure about the whole thing... whatever he and bella had between them.

it was quite dangerous, and not only because bella was supposedly with jessie. but because her father was baby's business partner, one of doc's best and most dangerous clients. 

"hey, there." bella said, moving away from baby. he gave her a soft smile as a response. "how are you?"

"i'm alright." baby said. bella smiled faintly at him, thinking if she was alright herself. "what is it?" he asked, noticing the look in bella's eyes. she sighed deeply and retracted from baby fully.

bella shook her head. "i, um... i talked to jessie." she said. "about him and teresa."

"and?" baby asked.

"he lied." bella replied. "i know he lied." she said louder. "bastard."

baby was silent. he knew that he had to tell bella the truth now.

"and you know our deal." bella stated.

"what exactly did he say?" baby asked.

bella sighed again. "jessie said that teresa's his friend." she said. well, technically, that's not a lie. they're just on another level of friends. "that's not... it, right?" 

baby shook his head. 

"tell me, then." bella said. "i don't mind if you hurt me, i don't... i don't think i even care anymore about me and jessie." she looked up at baby with begging eyes. 

baby sighed deeply. "okay." he agreed. "promise me you won't interrupt me." bella nodded at his request. "to put it shortly, he started dating you because he wanted to be nice to you, like, help you out, which seems very idiotic to me, and weird, but... that's jessie." baby started to tell the whole thing.

"he had already started to go out with this teresa weeks before he met you at that party. as he told me, he knew one of your friends and he was 'informed' that you've never had a boyfriend." baby continued. 

"he likes teresa, not you." he said. "i mean, i'm sorry, but that-"

"it's fine." bella dismissed baby, waving her hand around. "continue."

"he didn't know when to tell you. but he thought that if you had a popular guy for a boyfriend as your first ever, it'd be really cool and it should be him." baby said. "i don't know why."

"so, he doesn't know when to tell you." he stated. "hasn't told you yet. but i told him to do it asap." 

bella sighed deeply. her lips were slightly pushed out in a pout and her cheeks were tinted pink. hair was put behind her ears, but falling out either way, on each side of her face.