1.3

"we have to go. you're not in a good state." baby said to bella. she shook her head.

"we can't go now." bella said, dragging out her words. her fingers were caressing baby's cheek and it was very much distracting him. "you just got here. and i really, really, really want to stay, there's so much fun to do. and i'm having fun! you have to have fun, too. i'll help you, alright? we can-"

"bella." baby stopped her talking. she looked at him with hazy eyes. "you've got to go home."

"i don't want to." she looked away from baby. "i wanna dance!" bella said and hopped off the barstool. she took baby's hand again and he was forced to get off his own seat. 

baby sighed deeply at his own defeat. and now he knew that bella was stubborn, a laughing drunk and very beautiful. the list would probably go on.

bella led him out of the bar room and further through the house until they reached the room where music was playing the loudest. it was full of dancing people and at the back of the room there were two big speakers. baby could hear a popsy song playing through his headphones. 

"i hate this song." bella said to baby with a frown on her cute face. stop that, baby. "but i want to dance." she looked up at baby as if he could tell her what to do in this dilemma. baby shrugged. "let's go find another dance room."

"no, bella." baby said. "let's go."

"if you wanna take me home, you'll have to catch me!" bella said and quickly ran away from baby and disappeared into another room of the house. baby sighed again, but knew he needed to get bella. so he stalked over the room in the direction she ran off. 

the next room was full of smoke and quiet conversations. "yo, dude! you here to get high?" a stranger loudly asked baby as he passed him. miles shook his head and exited the room. 

he was now outside the house, in the backyard. there was a pool and it was filled with water mattresses and swimming rings, it was quite big. people were standing and dancing around the pool and in the pool. baby started searching the crowd for bella and then he heard a loud scream.

"whooo!" a girl screamed before she jumped into the pool. please don't be bella, please don't be bella, baby begged mentally while he waited for the girl to rise above the water. her arms came first and then her face was back up, too.

sure enough, it was bella.

baby approached the corner of the pool she was in and stood before her. "bella." baby said with a soft smile. she turned to baby and giggled.

"yes, baby?" bella asked.

"get out of the pool." he said calmly, wanting to laugh. the situation was amusing him.

"i don't want to. it's nice here." 

"you'll get cold."

"no!" bella protested. then she looked around for a moment and moved closer to baby. "okay, i'll get out. but can you help me with that?"

baby nodded. he got down in a squat poisition and reached his arms out for bella. she took his hands and baby started to pull her out of the pool. but then baby noticed that a few other girls were holding bella by her waist. oh, no.

three against one, and baby was pulled into the pool with all his clothes on, of course. it was freezing cold! and baby couldn't see a thing or breathe for a short moment. he used his arms to get above the water's surface. baby hoped he zipped the pocket of jeans where his ipod was in. 

one baby was above the water, he breathed in deeply. baby opened his eyes and found bella right beside him, tightly holding the metal rail. she was laughing hard she might have fallen, and so she had to hold onto something. baby smiled cheekily.

"you're so stubborn." he said to bella. she giggled.

"oh, i know." bella replied. "we can go now, baby." she then added, speaking her words slowly. 

baby didn't think twice and grabbed her arm, helping her walk up the metal stairs and then he got out of the pool himself. baby noticed a towel laying in the lawn and grabbed it, giving it to bella afterwards. she wrapped it around her shoulders and looked at baby.

her eyes were big and her cheeks pink, and her lips were a darker shade of pink. her hair was absolutely wet and sticking all around her face, just like baby's. he was trying not to look past her shoulders. "don't you need a towel?" bella asked baby.

"no, i'll be fine." he said. "what i need - and you, too - is to find jessie."