1.4

"bella, do you know where jessie is?" baby asked bella. they were sitting in beach chairs by the house, next to a heater. it was september, after all. 

he watched bella furrow her eyebrows and look up, as if deep in thought. she even put her pointing finegr on her chin and tapped it. "you know what?" she turned to baby after half a minute. her eyes were narrowed. "i don't think i do." 

baby sighed. "well, we will have to find him here tonight, whether we want to or not." he said. bella smiled wickedly.

"we can play detectives." she said. "and find him!" bella put her pointing finger in the air and looked at baby. he was looking at her with disappointed eyes. she giggled almost maniacally and stood up. bella reached her hand out to baby. "let's go."

baby stood up and took her hand. they walked back into the house and started to scan every room for a black haired guy named jessie. bella was actually playing a detective, lurking around corners and looking around as if paranoid.

"do you see him anywhere?" she asked baby once they were done searched the third room in a row.

"no." baby responded, which was true. "do you want to sit down?"

"oh, yeah, that wouldn't be bad." bella said. they took a seat next to strangers on a big, red velvet couch. "wow, this is really fancy. i hope water doesn't ruin the velvet." bella admitted, running her hands all over the couch. "i'm tired." she stated, resting her head on baby's shoulder.

"you can't sleep now, we have to find-"

bella pointed her finger at a person, jolting upwards. 

"jessie!" she exclaimed and was immediately on her feet.