2.4

"jessie, you have to ride with us! baby's got such a cool car." bella said, tugging her boyfriend's arm.

"i can take you home." baby said to his best friend. 

"alright, alright." jessie agreed and the three of them walked into the school's parking lot. baby unlocked his car and sat in the driver's seat while jessie and bella got into the passenger's side. (a/n: this is the kind of truck that only has seats in the front, it has an empty trunk at the back. you get what i mean?)

"i love this car. isn't it nice?" bella fused, asking jessie what he thought. baby looked in the rear-view mirror to see jessie's face, for he was sitting at the window and baby couldn't see his face because bella was between them. 

"yeah, yeah, i guess." jessie said. he obviously wasn't as thrilled about the car as bella and baby were. 

"jessie, what's your address?" baby asked.

"armstead street. it's a small one." jessie responded. baby nodded. as if i didn't know the streets of atlanta.

baby started the car and drove out of the parking lot. he checked the rear-view mirror and saw bella and jessie being all over each other. baby almost scoffed, but controlled himself. he only turned up the volume of his music and focused on driving.

baby worked his way perfectly through the slight traffic on the streets, using his secret manouvres that he learned himself at work. he was sure loverbirds didn't notice or see any of that, depending on what they were doing.

"jessie, we're here." baby said, pulling his truck to the side of armstead street. he heard some mumbling exchanged between his best friend and bella before the passenger's door opened.

"thanks so much, man." jessie said to baby. he nodded, watching jessie kiss bella on the lips. "are you sure you can't come over today?" he asked bella.

she shook her head. "i can't, i've got to help my mom and lots of homework to do." bella responded. jessie frowned. 

"alright." he said and kissed her again before walking away from baby's car. bella turned to baby with a huge smile on her face.

"what?" baby asked her. she shrugged.

"it's weird, isn't it? to be with someone?" bella said rethorically. "jessie's my first boyfriend, you know. this seems really exciting. have you been someone's boyfriend, baby?"

he shook his head as he started driving. "not really." so for jessie, if he's doing what baby thinks he's doing, this girl is perfectly naive to wrap around anyone's finger.

"'not really'? what's that supposed to mean?" bella chuckled.

baby shrugged. "well, i've liked tons of girls and only some of them have talked to me. i don't feel like dating." he admitted. "i'm... much different than any other guy."

"really? how?" bella asked. 

"erm, i..." baby trailed off. what could i tell her? "i'm just busy with work and taking care of my dad most of the time." he said in the most confident tone of voice he could.

"oh. alright." bella responded. "where do you work?"

"it's confidential." baby replied quickly.

"uh-huh..." bella trailed off and then chuckled. "i don't know whether you're mister cool guy or mister mysterious guy." she said.

baby smirked faintly. "how are you, bella?" he asked, turning onto the highway he used when he drove bella home on friday. 

"i'm fine, wh..." she was confused as to why baby asked that question, but then she realised. "oh, um... i haven't been at his place, but i have to go on friday after the game." bella sighed. "i hope he'll be out of the house in the weekend."

baby nodded. "why can't you just... stay at your mom's place?" he asked.

"well..." bella sighed again, "i have to spend either one week at my mom's and one week at my dad's or one weekend at my mom's and one weekend at my dad's." she said. "that's the way it works with divorced parents. it's just easier for everybody."

baby raised his eyebrows, but nodded. that's interesting. (a/n: my parents are divorced so that's kinda like how and when i spend time with each of them ;]) 

"i don't mind, tho." bella added. "at least it's not like i have to go different places every night. (a/n: that's my schedule) but i still never want to go to his place."

"i understand." baby said quietly, turning on the street of bella's mom's place. bella looked at him with questioning eyes and she wanted to ask him how. but she decided not to. 

"thanks for driving me." bella said once baby had stopped his car in the same spot as last time. baby gave her a quick smile.

"anytime." he said to her. 

"you really don't talk much." bella said and laughed before literally jumping out of baby's car. baby watched bella as she walked up to her house and started unlocking the main door. 

she didn't hear baby drive off, so she looked at where he would still be. he was still there, his head turned to bella. she didn't see his eyes because baby had put on sunglasses. baby turned his head away from bella and drove off further down the street.

bella furrowed her eyebrows, but then smiled. i like him, she thought to herself, wait...