0.9

"i'm making macaroni and cheese today!" baby announced to his dad while he was watching tv. his dad raised his eyebrows and smiled. 

"there's something wrong with you." his dad said. baby chuckled. "did you get the girl or something?"

"it just feels like a good day." baby responded and turned his back to his dad so he could start making dinner. 

the reason why his dad thought there was something wrong with baby was because when baby was a child, his favourite food was macaroni and cheese. his mom always made it for him. but since his parents died tragically, he had grown to hate that dish, whoever made it.

but he was in an extremely good mood today, he didn't know why. maybe because the sun was shining or because he got a good grade in an english test. he couldn't decide, baby just had such a good mood. 

as miles poured macaroni into the bowl of boiling water, his phone started buzzing. he quickly got it out of his sweatpants' pocket and answered the call, not really paying attention to who was calling. 

"yes?" 

he answered as casually as he could. it could be anyone calling - a teacher, doc, his friends. 

"hey, man!" it was jessie. is he drunk? "what are ya doing now?"

"nothing out of the ordinary." baby replied. "you?"

jessie was giggling on the phone. giggling. is it physically possible for a guy to giggle? "we are all at a party at... brad pitt's house."

"brad pitt?" baby asked. brad pitt doesn't even live in atlanta.

"yeah!" jessie sounded pretty sure. "oh i mean, brett's house. you should totally come! there's a pool and you can play pool and there's a dancing room and-"

"i know what a party is, jessie." baby said with a glint of irritation in his voice. he wanted to know the reason jessie was calling him. "what is it?"

"can you come and party with us?" jessie asked. "it's really fun here, you'll be alright. kaelin's here, too! i know you're free tonight."

"parties aren't my thing." baby said.

"dude, i know. but just come hang out with us." jessie said.

"jessie..." baby said, hating himself for actually considering to go to the party. 

"baby..." jessie imitated his friend. baby faintly smiled. "c'mon, i won't stop bugging you until you say you're coming."

"i'm coming." baby said.

"now you're just saying that to make me go away." jessie replied. baby chuckled.

"that's true." baby said. then he thought for a bit, listening to the loud music in the background. "well... maybe i'll come."

"man, i have to get a yes or no." jessie said.

"yes, i'll come to the party." baby said, a bit annoyed. "but not right away."

"but you said you're doing nothing." jessie argued.

"bye, jessie." baby said and hang up on his friend. he felt joe tapping his arm. baby turned to his dad.

"who was that?" joe asked.

"jessie. he invited me to a party." baby replied.

"can i come?" joe asked jokingly. baby laughed.

"i don't think there'd be anyone your age." he admitted and then continued to make mac and cheese.