1.7

"so, what do you want?" baby asked bella once he stopped his car. she furrowed her eyebrows while digging through her backpack.

"no, no, no, i'll order, i can talk now, i-"

"bella, you're in no state to order." baby said with raised eyebrows. bella looked at him with a made-up angry face, but gave baby a twenty dollar bill. he took it and drove up to the drive-in. "what do you want?"

"number four with extra fries and a large coke." bella said, tugging the towel up and wrapping it around her waist. baby gulped and turned to the car window. he rolled it down and pushed his head out a little bit. 

"hi, it's kfc. what would you like?"  baby heard a girl's voice through the speaker.

"number four with extra fries and a large coke." baby said. 

"okay. anything else?"  she asked.

"no, thank you." baby said. 

"okay. your order will be ready in less than ten minutes, please wait for it at the parking lot in front of you."  the kfc girl said.

"thank you." baby responded and drove further down the drive-in line. there were a few other cars waiting in line before them. baby checked the time.

11:42pm. almost midnight.

baby looked at bella. she was resting her head on her hand and her elbow was on the window frame. her blue larimar eyes were lost in thought. bella's hair had partly dried already, it was falling down her shoulders in slight waves. then baby payed more attention to her eyes. they were glossy.

"bella, are you crying?" baby asked her ever so softly. she turned her head to him and sniffed. bella shrugged. baby looked at her with a disbelieving look on his face.

bella's head immeadiately dropped down and her frame started to shake, cries erupting from her lips. she sat close to baby and hung her arms around his neck, crying in his shoulder. baby tensed, but sighed quietly. his arms wrapped around her back and pulled her closer to him. he didn't care if it was right or wrong, baby knew bella needed some sort of support at the moment.

her bare legs were hanging over baby's lap and her hair was tickling baby's neck. he held bella's back as she stared into nothingness, but he was staring at her. bella wasn't crying anymore, she had let it all out already. her hand was holding onto baby's shirt.

someone knocked on baby's window. they both jumped a little, but baby turned to the window to see a staff member of kfc with a big paper bag in her hand. baby rolled his window down. 

"number four with extra fries and a big coke?" the guy asked. baby nodded. he gave him the twenty dollars and the guy gave him the paper bag. "here's seven dollars and forty cents." the guy gave baby the change.

"thanks, have a nice night." baby said to him.

"you, too, man." the guy said and walked off. 

bella had moved a bit away from baby and he placed the paper bag between the two of them. bella sniffed again and opened the bag. 

"food." she said in a deep voice. baby smiled at her. she took out the big bucket full of chicken and reached it out to baby. "have some."

baby raised his eyebrows at her, but took three or four chicken wings. "thank you." he said to bella.

"my treat." she said, munching on her own chicken wing. "um... i don't wanna get on your nerves, but i gotta ask you something."

"go ahead." baby said.

"can you stay with me tonight?" bella asked, looking baby in the eyes. he raised his eyebrows once again.

"what do you mean?"

"with me, at my mom's house." bella said. "i don't wanna be alone tonight." she said very quietly. "it should be jessie, but since he didn't seem too bothered and he's not here right now, i'm asking you." bella added.

"yeah, sure," baby said. "i'll stay." he finished. bella nodded with a faint smile. 

"thanks, baby." she said. "for tonight. nobody's ever helped me like that at a party. you're nice. and you can put up with drunk me."

baby nodded and gave bella a reassuring smile. "my pleasure."