3.7

bella was wearing jeans and a hoodie. she didn't have any make-up on, and her hair was kinda messy. baby thought he saw purple rings below her eyes. bella hasn't slept well?

it was awkward. the tension in the car could be cut with a knife. after bella had hopped in baby's car, they sat in silence for a while.

"hi." bella said. baby started the car engine and drove out of his parking spot. "so, uh... we probably need to adress the elephant in the room." she stated, fiddling with her fingers. baby nodded.

bella turned to baby. "are you gonna say nothing at all?" she asked him. he was silent, keeping his eyes on the road in front of them both. "alright." bella turned back to staring out the window.

"i figure you'd want to talk after i've said what i want to." she said. "so, um... i got my head straight about... you and jessie." bella admitted. baby looked at her. "what i... think, no, rather feel? about you two." she added. 

"and what i feel about you both is strong." bella admitted. "for one, it's something positive, and for the other... completely nothing." she explained. "i can tell you that..." she said ever so quietly, "i don't feel anything for jessie."

baby almost didn't hear what bella said, it was hardly a whisper. was she ashamed of it?

"i did at some point, but then... i wanted to tell him i want to break it off, but," bella sighed shortly, "my father made me keep it going with him."

baby turned his head to bella with furrowed eyebrows. 

"yeah, it's quite horrible." bella admitted. "but jessie doesn't know, oh dear." she chuckled breathily. "that's why... no, um, forget that. i didn't tell him because i didn't want him to know how controlling my father is of my life." 

baby looked back at the road.

"but since you know about my father, i can trust you with the real reason." bella spoke. "you see, i thought some money adding in my account was really weird, about the time when i started dating jessie." she admitted. "it came from my father's account. so i asked him about it." bella sighed. "jessie's father wants to work with my father, so he pays me and my father if i date jessie, so his father can work with mine."

baby switched his eyes over to bella, and then back on the road.

"it seems very weird to me, but that's how my father works." bella spoke. "as far as i know, they're still working on business together, so i've got to keep myself with jessie." she kept talking. "i don't want to, believe me. i'm not the naive girl i seem to be." bella sighed again. "i'm not even the girl i seem to be." she whispered.

"but, as we've now established, i..." bella trailed off, "i've thought of two options from which we can choose."

baby nodded.

"so, uh... gosh, this all seems so ridiculous." she admitted and then chuckled. "i really can't believe i like my 'boyfriend's' best friend. but anyway. the first option..." bella started to say, but couldn't contain her giggles.

baby cracked a grin, too. bella looked at him and chuckled. soon the car was only filled with bella laughing and baby chuckling.

"uh-um, anyway," she said, a chuckle after each word, "the first option is that we... forget about what happened... last night and forget about this talk." bella suggested.

"i doubt that would hold." baby admitted quietly. bella looked at him to see if he really had talked and then looked back out the window.

"well, that's because this doesn't involve just you, me and jessie, it involves our other friends." she explained. "well, yours and jessie's friends." bella added. "and, the, uh, second option is to... i don't really know, i didn't think it through completely, but... it's just basically that we don't forget about last night and this morning and..." bella couldn't finish. what would they do with that?

baby looked at her, grinning slightly. she looked back at him. a smile appeared on her face again.

"are you thinking what i'm thinking?" bella asked baby.

"if it's that we do whatever, whenever and wherever the fuck we want, then yes." baby said with a huge grin on his face before focusing his eyes back on the road again.