2.6

everyone was chatting with their friends and eating their lunch. baby was eating his lunch, but he wasn't chatting with his friends. his friends were chatting with each other. their conversation was based heavily around the game tomorrow evening.

all three guys sitting at the table were very excited. and all their girls were thinking of what posters to make. 

baby didn't blame them. tomorrow's game was the first one of the season, basically a season opening game. and their team was competing against a very strong team from marietta. 

marietta's team were told to be one of the strongest teams in the state of georgia. they have competed with the strongest teams, but they always lost. anyhow, atlanta's team was just behind marietta's in the charts.

"you're going to win, guys." jonathan's girlfriend said. 

"totally!" bella fused with wide eyes. "i've heard the mariettas aren't all that good at basketball."

"i've heard that, too! i read somewhere that they cheated their way up to the top." trisha added.

"no, that couldn't be! brad haim is like the star of basketball in the whole state!" kaelin argued, shaking his head. "how could he have cheated his way up?"

"steroids." bella said, looking down suspiciously. everyone laughed.

"yeah, well, if he's a cheater, it's only better for us. the atlanta team is gonna wreck them!" jessie said, gripping bella's frame tighter. they shared one or two kisses and smiled widely at each other.

baby squinted his eyes at bella and jessie. what was it that wasn't complete about them? bella looked almost in love with jessie, but jessie was... he didn't seem to have the click, the connection with bella. 

why was that? he seemed happy with bella. or did he?

"i wish baby would play." trisha said. baby turned to her at the mention of his name. he smiled at trisha. 

"oh, yeah!" kaelin agreed. "he would be great. but he's got work."

"baby, i think we'd win over the best basketball team in the world." jessie stated and then pointed at baby with his finger. "if you would join the team."

baby shook his head at jessie. we're just going in circles again.