1.2

bella stumbled towards baby and then wrapped her arms around his neck, hugging him. baby furrowed his eyebrows but tried his best to hug her back in the least weird way possible.

"hey there, baby." bella said, her words slow and slightly slurred. she pulled back a little and smiled at baby. even when she was drunk, her smile shone like a star. "ooh. why do you have headphones in? there is music playing here." she said. bella took one of baby's earbuds out and put it in her own ear. 

"...never, never gonna give ya up, i'm never, ever gonna stop..." bella sang along to the song playing in baby's headphones. her eyes were closed and she had a funny smile on her face. 

"hey, bella." baby finally greeted. he took the headphone back from her and looked at her. 

"what are you doing here, baby?" bella asked. "oh, wait - here are my new friends!" she tugged at baby's hand in the direction of the girls she was talking to earlier. now baby was glad he didn't put on a sweater, it was so hot inside the house. "this is chrissie and... ella!" baby smiled at the girls bella introduced him to.

they shyly waved at baby. it looked like they weren't drunk or as drunk as bella was at the moment. "isn't that funny? you take the b from my name and you et ella's name!" bella spoke and then laughed at her own words. the two girls and baby started chuckling at her behavior.

"bella's really drunk. she did a shot game not so long ago." the girl bella named ella said to baby.

"you should probably take her home, if you can." chrissie said. "you're her boyfriend, right?"

"no." baby said, shaking his head.

"then why did she call you baby?" ella asked.

"it's my name." miles replied. both girls raised their eyebrows. 

"cute." chrissie said. "well, maybe we'll see you around. do something about her." she took her friend's hand and they both walked past baby.

"bye!" ella said. baby waved at them and chrissie and ella walked away completely, leaving bella in a corner with baby. 

"are you thirsty?" bella asked him, wiping her laugh tears. baby shook his head with a slight smile. "you must be." so she didn't see me shaking my head. "let's go get you something to drink."

bella took baby's hand and tagged him behind her. baby was walking and bella was stumbling through the room to get into another room full of people. but this one had a bar. bella was heading there. 

she tried to sit down on one of the barstools but she failed. bella couldn't keep her balance. so baby helped her, being the gentleman he is. bella looked at him with a smile. "thanks." she said slowly. "what would i do without you?"

"you would lie on the floor unconscious." baby said honestly, sitting next to her at the bar. bella laughed. she was a laughing drunk, apparently. baby glanced at her. she looked even better when she smiled. beautiful.

her head was hung back and her hair was flowing down her back as she laughed. only now baby noticed how long it was. it almost reached her butt. she was wearing a denim skirt with sewn-on roses and lillies and a white shirt with thin, blue lines. and she had dr. marten's on her feet. that much baby could see in the horrible lighting of the bar.

"what would you like?" the bartender asked. he looked just as old as baby and bella were. was he hired? or a friend of the house owner?

"one coke with rum and one coke with vodka." bella said to him and then smiled widely, resting her chin on her hand. the bartender cringed at the last few words, judging by the state bella was in now. baby joined him. 

but the bartender started making their drinks. baby leaned over to bella. "bella, i can't drink." he admitted. she turned to him with deep furrowed eyebrows.

"why not?" bella asked.

"i'm driving." baby explained.

"pshht," bella scoffed, "a glass of rum won't do anything bad."

baby couldn't agree, but he also didn't want to argue. he actually didn't want to drink, but he didn't want to say that to bella. arguing with a drunk person was a no-go.

the bartender placed baby's and bella's drinks in front of them. "there you go." he said and turned back around. bella took hers and immediately drank the glass empty. baby raised his eyebrows as bella released a breath. she turned to baby and smirked at his reaction.

"c'mon, drink up." bella pushed baby's drink closer to him. he shook his head. "fine, i'll drink it for you."

"no!" baby exclaimed. "don't do that." he then said quietly. bella narrowed her eyes at him and then pointed her finger right at his nose. but it wasn't holding itself straight.

"i drink as much as i want." bella stated.

"this is too much." baby said and took his glass in his hand. "one glass won't do anything bad." he quoted bella and then took a few sips from the glass. bella smirked again and clapped her hands.

"whoo!" she cheered. baby rolled his eyes, turning his head away from bella, so she wouldn't see. he didn't want bella to stop smiling now.