1.6

"hell yes, the air here is so nice and fresh and so... clean. aww yeah, so fresh and so clean, cl-oh, my god, is that your car? it's so cool, where did you get it?" bella rambled, walking with baby to the car. he laughed.

"yeah, it's mine." he answered, leading bella to the passenger seat door. "now get in, or you'll get cold." baby opened the door for her and helped her step in.

"oh, i don't need a reason to get into a cool car." bella said right before baby shut her door. he walked over to the driver's door and opened it, getting into his seat. baby wanted to secure bella's seatbelt, but then he saw she was taking her shirt off.

"bella!" he shouted in surprise, covering his eyes and turning away from her. "what are you doing?!"

"i'm changing, what do you mean?" bella replied. it sounded like she was speaking under a piece of fabric. 

"couldn't you do it when you get home?" baby asked in confusion. 

"but i'm cold and i'll get sick if i don't change." bella argued. "okay, i'm done. i'll just keep the towel on my legs." she said. baby turned back to her and sighed. 

"you have to tell me before you change, bella." he said, starting his car. 

"no, i don't-oh right, females have more to hide than males do." bella said as baby started driving. she raised her finger in the air. "but that's only because of a sexist stereotype." she added.

baby chuckled. "i think we could talk about gender rights some other time." he said. "where do i have to take you?"

"um, my dad's-oh, no, there are probably some bad people there." bella said. baby furrowed his eyebrows.

"bad people?" he quietly repeated.

"yeah, my dad's not a good person, he's horrible, actually." bella spoke fast, she rambled. "and he's doing business with some seriously dangerous people. they scare me, and i'm quite afraid of my dad, too, so that's why i don't wanna go there too much."

baby furrowed his eyebrows and looked at bella, in case she was making it up. but her facial expression was serious. maybe this is what jessie warned him about. bella's quite off the hook when she's drunk. 

was bella in trouble with her father? or... was something bad happening at her dad's house? and were her parents divorced?

"bella," baby started to say, "what are you talking about?" 

"my dad." bella said and looked at baby with a confused look on her face. "what do you mean?"

"you said you're afraid of him." baby explained.

"well, yeah... who wouldn't be?" bella asked rhetorically. "i mean, child abuse is already bad enough, but if it's coming from a parent, then, honestly, who wouldn't be afraid of their dad or mom?"

baby was silent. he simply didn't know what to say to bella. his own parents used to fight a lot when they were alive, but they never did anything to baby. was bella's father abusing her?

did jessie know about that, if it were so? did bella's mom know? who knew? maybe bella never told anyone. and now that she was drunk, everything just poured out of her, apparently. 

"my mom lives on meldrum street, bankhead." bella said. "i'm glad my brother isn't my dad's son. he's like my closest friend, i love him so much. he's six years younger than me, but he's such a smart boy. i never let him come with me when mom makes me go to my dad's. i don't want him there." she spoke. "he deserves everything that's good. he doesn't need to know the world i'm in, you know? i have nightmares because of my father. i can't sleep sometimes, bec-"

"bella, stop." baby said sternly. she looked at him with calm eyes. "are you really..." 

"yes, my dad... does things to me, bad things." bella admitted, turning away from baby. dear god. she looked down at her hands in her lap. "but nobody cares and nobody wants to know. so forget i even told you. and you can't tell anyone." bella's tone was getting nervous. baby didn't say anything. "promise me you won't tell anyone."

"o-okay, i promise." baby said. "does jessie know?"

"no." bella said. "no one except my brother and you knows. it has to stay that way."

"bella, that's not something you can keep from everyone." baby said. "you have to... tell someone."

"i, um..." bella trailed off, "i can't. you don't know what my father does and what he can do."

"yes, i-" baby sighed. he almost told her, "i know what some people are capable of" or "you don't know what i know". "let's not talk about this now. you're not in a good state." he said. bella didn't reply to him.

"hey, wait, stop there. i'm hungry, i wanna eat - there's kfc, i want chicken, please pull over." bella rambled. baby pulled into kfc's parking lot. 

soo,,,

yeah now you know haha

i love bella, shes a better version of me

have a good day/night!

R