3.5

bella and baby left mcdonalds after finishing their food. baby felt bad about lying to bella, but he also felt like he was protecting her. well, of course, she didn't believe him and made that very clear, not saying a word to baby until they got into baby's car.

his eyes were focused on his own feet, lips slightly pushed out. bella was silent, but her face had an angry expression. her eyes showed that she wanted to say something, and was on the verge of doing so.

"just tell me what he said." bella said suddenly, turning fully to baby. he shook his head. "baby, tell me the truth."

"i don't need to, i don't want to tell you." baby said. "it should be him telling you."

"i don't care who should or shouldn't tell me things!" bella argued. "just tell me. i want to know."

baby was silent.

"baby!" bella was getting frustrated. "what's stopping you from telling me what he said?"

baby huffed. "you." he said quietly.

bella furrowed her eyebrows and made a confused facial expression. "me?!" she asked. "um... why?"

"bella, i don't want to hurt you." baby said slowly. "they're not my words to say, and if anything... jessie should be the one to... hurt you."

"what could be so bad that he said?" bella asked. "i don't understand."

"what could be so bad? anything!" baby responded in a louder voice, turning his head to bella. they looked each other in the eyes. 

"what are you saying?!" bella questioned. 

"i'm saying i won't tell you." baby said. he looked down at his feet again. "i won't because i don't want to hurt you." 

"why?" she asked. 

"why?" baby narrowed his eyes at bella. "i care about you, bella."

"i know friends care about each other, but they don't keep things from each other, either." bella argued. "why do you care so much about me?"

baby looked at her and thought screw it.

he quickly leaned out of his seat and placed each of his hands on the side of bella's face and connected their lips. bbay had no idea how to do these things, but he was sure kissing bella was something that would fit this situation.

it felt like flying, despite that her lips tasted like fries and cooked meat. and to baby's surprise, she didn't protest. he felt bella almost melt against him, she relaxed against him. and then bella kissed back.

what had happened was wrong, so wrong. but baby just couldn't help himself, he had to... show her what he felt. he had to show bella why he cared about her so much. there was too much to say. all baby could think was how he shouldn't have done that.

they both finally pulled apart and looked at each other, sharing confusion about their situation. baby immediately back away from bella and started the car, trying not to look at her every once in a while.

"what just happened?" bella almost whispered. "i mean, you can't really do that." 

"i know." baby responded. "but you didn't seem to mind." he stated.

bella put two fingers on her lips. "i certainly don't mind..." she trailed off. "if we'd do it again." bella said, surprising herself.

baby stopped driving in an instant. and thank god there was a red light where he stopped. he looked at bella slowly and warily with his eyebrows furrowed. 

baby kissing bella was something... splendid. it felt kind of wrong, but so good. she didn't know what to think or feel, but she knew her lips on baby's was something right.

"what do you mean?" baby asked. bella raised her eyebrows and shrugged. 

"why did you kiss me?" she asked.

baby looked down and didn't speak. at the green light, he started driving again.

"c'mon, baby." bella urged him. stop that.

"there would be too much to tell." baby said. "i'm taking you home."

its about to go dOOOWWWNNNNN