3.8

there was morning traffic, which baby thought would be useful when he woke up. but now it had actually started to worry him because there were only thirty minutes until first period. and they were stuck a few miles from their school, in traffic.

"but the deal can only go on if..." bella trailed off the tenth time in the past half an hour, "well, basically, i'll confront jessie about him and teresa, and if i know he's lying, you will tell me honestly about all that." she gave baby a serious look. 

baby thought about it for a mere second, and then nodded.

"and now tell me if you want to back out of this, or what you really think is best, because i only want honesty." bella clarified. "and i know the last events of last night weren't a lie." 

baby chuckled. "i'm fine with doing what we want." he said. "how will you know if jessie's lying?"

bella looked at her feet. "i have my ways." she said. "so, we... have a deal?"

baby nodded. 

"sweet." she said and chuckled. "could you pull over there, please?" she pointed at the side of the road. their school was just around the corner, practically, but baby did what bella asked.

once the car had stopped, baby looked at bella. she huffed heavily and then looked at baby shyly. 

"can i, um..." she leaned out of her seat and towards baby. her face was inches away from his, and she inhaled deeply, softly touching his cheek.

baby's heart was beating sort of rapidly, and he was holding his breath. bella being so close to him was something unbelievable.

she slowly closed her eyes and kissed baby. he closed his eyes, too, sighing as quietly as he could. baby's left hand's fingers wrapped around bella's right hand, which was on his cheek. 

what bella wanted to be just another experimental kiss, just like the one she gave baby the previous night, turned into wanting more of those. and the kisses weren't quite experimental anymore.

bella quickly changed seats, sitting in baby's lap. he was very shocked at that, but did his best to cover it. bella just wasn't comfortable in the previous position they were. and, they still had a little time until school started. their lips were soon connected again, and baby felt like their souls were, too.

how scandalous would it look if someone from their school saw bella and baby at that moment? her hands holding the sides of baby's face, lips heavily moving against each other like crashing ocean waves, baby's hands on her sides and bella sitting in baby's lap. quite intimate, don't you think?

the  wonderful moment of baby and bella kissing each other ended when baby looked at the time. he pulled back from bella, earning a confused expression on her face.

"what is it?" she whispered. 

"there's not much time." baby responded. bella kissed baby one more time, and then one more, and one more... and then hopped back in her own seat.

they looked at each other, their heads turned sideways. and chuckles came past their lips, quickly and loudly. the situation was funny, but neither of them knew if maybe they were laughing also because of what relief they felt. 

to baby it seemed that bella was fitting for him, and kissing her was the final evidence he needed. and as for bella - she felt the same. maybe she didn't know that yet, but she totally felt it.

"we should probably go now." bella admitted and laughed. baby nodded, biting his lip and started the car. 

jessie was standing by the school's main door, leaning against the wall and staring down at his phone. bella and baby got out of the car and shut their doors. they looked at each other and bella started smiling wide. baby looked away so he could keep a straight face. 

they both walked up to jessie and baby stood in his spot while bella wrapped her hands around jessie's neck and greeted him.

"oh, hey, bella." jessie said, putting his arm around her shoulder. "baby." he greeted, noticing his friend standing by. baby nodded, and looked away as bella and jessie got a little cozy.

the situation was amusing him. bella and jessie were being fake with each other, without the other knowing. and they were together, despite what bella and baby had just done in his car.

baby wanted to laugh.