Chapter One - 2010

I held onto the thin black tray of drinks I had in my hands as if my life depended on it. Which I guess it did. If I dropped these bottles I was bringing over to the V.I.P.'s I would end up owing my sleazeball boss money. I bobbed and weaved all the bodies who insisted night after night on making my job more difficult.

"Excuse me," I asked politely but like every time I was completely ignored.

The thing that sucked the most about jobs like this is no one gives a fuck about you. Unless they want a drink that is.

"Hey watch it!" I snapped as I tried to pivot out of the way as a man with shoulder length blond hair crashed into me.

I spun my body away from his as I tried to regain my balance. I swooped the tray around at such a fast speed that all the drinks stayed put. My heart sank into my stomach as I watched the bottle of gold-flecked overly priced bottle of complete piss fell to the floor. At the very last second, a hand appeared and caught it.

I let out a massive sigh of relief.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry miss. Did you spill anything? I'll pay for it." The blonde man asked as he frantically looked me over to make sure I was okay.

"It's fine," I answered annoyed before looking to the man who caught the bottle.

To say I was surprised was an understatement. The man was blind. He stood there wearing small circular glasses with a slight red tint to them. His walking stick in one hand the bottle in the other.

"I believe this belongs to you." He said with a perfectly crooked smile as he handed me the bottle.

I took it from him but could not speak as I tried to shake the feeling of deja vu.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You don't have to come visit me," Matt told me as he fiddles with his walking stick.

"I don't have to, I want to," I told him. "Just because your a blind orphan does not mean your no longer my best friend."

"It's just no one ever visits here." He answered the sadness in his voice broke my heart.

"You don't need to worry, you can't get rid of me," I told him.

I reached over and pulled him into a hug. We held onto each other for a few second when the Headmistress came in scaring the shit out of me.

"No touching!" She yelled causing me to fall out of my chair.

Before my ass could touch the cold floor Matt reached out and grabbed my hand stopping me just in time.

Once I was steady he let me go.

"You know you have great reflexes for a blind kid," I told him causing him to chuckle.

"Luna it's time for you to leave." Headmistress Parker said to me.

"Why, visiting hours aren't over yet?" I asked annoyed.

"Matthew has another visitor." She answered flatly.

"Who?" Matt asked.

"Hello, Matthew my names Stick." The old blind man said to Matt as I was pushed out by Parker.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You know you have great reflexes for a blind guy," I said to him.

"Wow! I know I almost spilled your drinks on you but you don't need to be rude." The blonde man said to me but the only thing I could focus on was the slight chuckle that escaped the blind man's mouth.