Chapter 11

"You got the reception area, a conference room, and two offices. Corner suite has a view of the Hudson." She told Foggy and I. "You can flip a coin with your partner for it." She finished.

At that moment Matt walked into the office with a smile on his face.

"He can have the view," Matt said causing her to spin around and look at him.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to." She started but Matt cut her off before she could finish.

"Of course not." She replied with a chuckle causing me to roll my eyes.

"Susan Harris. Midtown Property. So nice to meet you." She said as she walked forward and held out her hand for him to shake.

"Matt Murdock." He replies as he continued to hold his cane.

"You realize he's blind?" I asked her annoyed that she just stood there with her hand outstretched like an idiot.

Susan became nervous and pulled back her hand quickly before she curtsied at him like a weirdo.

"She just curtsied. It was adorable." Foggy told Matt.

"Well it's nice to know chivalry isn't dead. Susan, would you mind walking me around the space?" Matt asked her.

"Of course. My pleasure." She said as she smiled and took hold of his arm leading him away from us.

"As I was telling your associates." She started.

"I don't work here," I told her not wanting her to think she had to fake being nice to me.

"This office was barely touched by the incident, which is why it's on the market already. The neighbors weren't so lucky." She told as if this one building not being destroyed is a good thing.

I could not help but think of my family, my parents who died in the incident. The only reason I came back to Hells Kitchen was for their funeral and to handle their affairs. Once everything was all settled I could not leave, no matter how much I wanted to. My parents and I did not have the best relationship, we had gone years without even talking but still after everything I had put them threw they left me everything. Including the small two-bedroom house I grew up in on the outskirts of town.

"The incident? Is that what we're calling it?" Matt asked her as if he could sense my annoyance.

"Well, it sounds so much better than, death and destruction raining from the sky, nearly wiping Hells Kitchen off the map." She said making a joke out of the entire situation.

"Shorter too," Matt responded.

I had heard enough I took a deep breath before I said something I would regret and walk out of the room trying to tune out the rest of their conversation. I caught bits and peace of it. They fought about protecting innocent or normal defense attorneys. Some fight as always, they two of them never seem to fight about anything else. I say go where the money is. But no one listens to me. No one ever listens to me.