Chapter Four

"You're late." Jar - Jar's voice said the second I walked into the door.

I rolled my eyes knowing she waited up for me like I was a child.

"I was out," I answered as I tossed my purse down.

"I know you were out. You were supposed to be home three hours and twenty-seven minutes ago." She responded.

Only she would keep track how late someone was by the minutes.

"Seriously, what are you, my mom?" I asked her.

"No, but if you don't want to go live with her you need to follow my rules. And you know if you're not coming straight home you need to call me." She snapped at me.

"I ran into an old friend and lost track of time. You need to chill." I snapped back.

"An old friend, like from L.A?" She asked suddenly more concerned with my tardiness.

"No, no one like that. DO you remember Matt Murdock from Hell's Kitchen?" I asked her.

"Your friend who went blind?" She asked.

"Yeah him," I answered.

"Vaguely. How is he doing?" She asked trying to act interested.

"Good, he's going to law school," I told her.

This actually got her attention.

"Really? She asked. "Go to bed, don't be late again." She told me.

"Well, you won't have to worry about it anymore," I told her.

"What do you mean?" She asked turning back to look at me.

"Well, I kinda sorta got fired," I told her.

"Not again, Luna!" She yelled at me.

"Hey, it's not my fault!" I yelled back.

"It's never your fault. You have only been back a few months and have quit three jobs and been fired from five." She reminded me.

"I know and I'm sorry but he deserved it," I told her.

"What did you do?" She asked.

"Just taught a guy how to keep his hands to himself," I answered.

"You know I'm not going to law school to solely keep you out of jail. I don't have time for this. I need to be up in four hours for an exam." She said before walking into her room.

"No one told you to wait up for me!" I yelled before slamming my door shut behind me.

I plopped down on my bed not even bothering to undress. I knew I had fucked up I did not need Jar reminding me. I would probably never hear from Matt again. He probably thinks I'm one crazy bitch. Which I guess is true.