Chapter 47

Luna 

After the wake, they took his body away to cremated. The rest of us went back to the wear house for drinks and basically more drinks. Vlad's inner circle sat around drinking while trying to figure out what to say to Vlad. Or when it would be okay to leave. Everyone was on eggshells around him, and curious as to why I wasn't.  

"We need to talk." One of the Russians said after my second drink.

"About?" Vlad asked him flatly as he looked down to his own drink before downing the rest of the brown liquid.

The man looked from Vlad to me then back again.

"Maybe we should move to your office, where the girl cant hear." The man said to Vlad in Russian obviously not realizing I speak Russian.

"The girl speaks Russian, you idiot," I responded with pure irritation in my voice.

The man tensed up then took a step closer to me. He towered over me especially since I was still sitting down.

"The girl should learn when to hold her tong." He said to me in his scariest voice.

I tilted my head up so I could get a better look at him. I wanted to punch his teeth out for talking to me like I was a child but I was unsure how to proceed. I did not want to upset Vlad anymore than he already was.

"Boss." The man said to him again.

"Anything you need to say to me you can say in front of her," Vlad told him as he poured himself another drink.

"Boss all due respect, I don't think it's a good idea to talk shop in front of one of your whores." He told Vlad.

My body instantly tensed up at his words. I shot forward but Vlad held out his arm to stop me. He finished off the drink he had before looking back to the man who was talking to us. He was being surprisingly calm which confused me because he was never calm about anything. Before I had any time to question his sanity he brought the now empty glass to the man's face. Shattering it against his cheek. The man screamed out as he tried to grab hold of his bleeding face but before he had the chance Vlad grabbed the back of his head and slammed it down on the table digging in the broken piece of glass in even deeper.

"She is no one's whore!" Vlad yelled at him.

I could not help but smile as I watched him hurt this man for disrespecting me.

"Apologize to my friend, my friend not my whore!" He yelled at him again. "She was here long before you were. Helping this family grow, you will show her respect!" He yelled at him as he put even more pressure down on his face.

"Sorry." The man mumbled.

"I'm sorry I didn't hear you," I said as I stood up and stepped closer to him.

"Sorry." He repeated again this time louder, loud enough for everyone in the room to here.

"That's better," I responded before nodding to Vlad who smiled at me before letting the man go.

The man quickly shot up and grabbed his face, trying to stop the bleeding.

"You had something you wanted to tell me?" Vlad asked him still curious as to why the man had walked over in the first place.

"Madame Gao left a message after the wake." He told him.

"What was the message?" I asked before Vlad even could.

This time he did not have a smart comment he just answered me out of fear what Vlad would do to him if he questioned me again.

"She gives you one day to greave then she wants the girl." He told us as he looked at me and I was convinced I saw a slight smirk form on his face at the idea of Madame Gao getting a hold of me.