Chapter 12

Karen

I was kneeling on my carpet, bloody knife in my hand. A dead body laid in front of me. Before I could do anything more than cry and frantically look around as I tried to figure out what was happening my front door was kicked in causing me to yell out in even more fear and confusion then I already was experiencing.

"Drop it!" The cops yelled as they ran in with there guns pointed at me.

"No, no. I didn't." I tried to explain to them.

"Drop it!" They yelled again and this time I listened dropping the knife to the ground.

"I didn't do this. I didn't do this!" I yelled as I held up my hands letting them know I was not going to put up a fight.

"Get on the ground!" One of them yelled at me.

"I didn't do this!" I yelled again as I pleaded with them to understand that this was not my fault.

"Now!" The same cop yelled at me again.

"Oh, god," I said as I lay down, tears streaming down my face.

I could not help but look at him as his dead body was lying right next to me. His lifeless eyes staring right into mine.

"Oh god!" I repeated again.

"I didn't do this!" I repeated again as they handcuffed me, and in this moment I realized no one was going to believe me. My life was over, no one was going to help me.