Chapter 65

I sat on Matt's couch in the dark waiting for him to get home. I came to his house about two hours ago planning to try and talk things out, but he wasn't there. So I made my self at home like I had done so many times before. After sitting there for almost thirty minutes, I realized his closet door was left open. So being the nosy ass person I am I got up to check and found that his suit was gone. Then I sat back down and decided I was going to wait for him and give him a piece of my mind. No longer wanting to fix things just yell at him for his stupidity. How could he go out without me? I get that he's mad but what he's doing is dangerous, and he needs the help.

A few minutes later Matts door was pushed open, and in walked Matt walked in being held up by another older man who I quickly recognized from the orphanage when we were kids.

"What a shit hole," Stick said as he pushed Matt down on the couch that I had just got up from.

"You have no idea what I pay for rent," Matt answered.

"Expensive shithole. With bad security. Hello Luna." He said turning to me.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I snapped at him but him, but he looked away from me and started sniffing the air.

"You've had another girl here," Stick asked him.

"That's none of your business." Matt snapped back at him.

"When she coming back?" Stick asked him still not answering my question.

"Never," Matt answered, and I could hear the hurt in his voice, he did care about Claire.

"Good," Stick answered coldly.

"You got a word perception on the whole good and bad thing, you know that?" Matt told him.

"Woman are a distraction. Just like...furniture, apartments...silk sheets. And that devil span you call a friend who is lingering in your kitchen." Stick told him as I almost broke the bottle of whiskey I was drinking street out of the bottle.

"Cotton feels like sandpaper on my skin. Plus they were a gift." Matt told him.

"Let me guess from Luna right. Her heart rate picked up when I insulted them." He said, and I wanted to throw this bottle at his head.

"Leave her out of this!" He snapped at Stick, and I could not help but be a little happy that he was defending me even after everything I did.

"You brought her into this when she put on a mask and ran around town with you," Stick told him as if I was not standing there.

"She is standing right here, and she does whatever the fuck she wants!" I snapped at him.

"You surrounding yourself with all this bullshit," Stick said to him in response to my words.

"Are you saying I'm bullshit?" I asked him.

"This is my life, and I made something of it, without you. That's the part, that really pisses you off, isn't it?" Matt snapped at him.

"No, Matty. No, I'm proud of you, I really am. The things you've done, what you've made of yourself, but this is, surrounding yourself with soft stuff inst us its death. Someday those silk sheets are gonna crawl up behind you, wrap themselves around your throat and choke you to death. You're a warrior." Stick told him.

"Yeah...that's not all I am," Matt informed him.

"A warrior, heir to the Spartans, baddest of the bad assess. They knew what they had to do and they did it." Stick said, and I was not sure what he was trying to actually say.