Chapter 67

Luna's POV 

We walked into Matt's apartment to see Stick was sitting there on his couch in the dark, apparently waiting for us.

"Fuck," I mumbled to myself knowing this was not going to go well.

Matt quickly marched over to him, standing directly in front of him. Towering over Stick as he continued to sit calmly on the couch as if Matt was not intimidating in his own right.

"You promised me you weren't gonna kill anyone." Matt snapped at him.

"Yep," Stick answered as he continued to act like nothing was wrong.

"Then what the hell was that back there?" This time Matt was yelling.

"The mission," Stick answered as if that was going to make Matt understand.

"That's what your war has come to? Killing children?" Matt yelled at him knowing that a young child would be easier to kill than a full formed Black Sky.

"That thing in the container was not a child." He answered as he looked over in my direction. "Wouldn't you agree?" He asked me.

"Stop talking to her!" Matt yelled before I could answer. "This isn't about her, this is about the kid you tried to kill. I could hear his heartbeat. It was light and fast. He hadn't even hit puberty." Matt yelled at him.

"Ewww, gross, you can tell that?" I asked him not wanting to know how he could tell the boy had not gone through puberty yet.

"You're emotional," Stick said to Matt as both of them chose to ignore me like they always did.

"No, shit!" Matt yelled as he took as took a step back and closer to me.

"If you'd have focused beyond your crybaby feelings you would sense how dangerous that kid was. How dangerous other people you keep close to you are." Stick told Matt referring to me, and I wanted nothing more then to confront him about exactly what he knew but was scared of what Matt would think if he knew the truth about who I am.

"He was just a kid," Matt told him again.

"You're as blind as you everywhere," Stick told him.

"Well, maybe you should have stuck around and finished training me yourself." Matt snapped back.

"You were better off without him." I reminded Matt.

I would not want to know the man he would have become if Stick stuck around.

"I needed a shoulder. You wanted a father." Stick responded.

"Well, I guess we're both disappointed then," Matt told him.

"I guess we are," Stick said as he grunted and stood up. "I'm starting to think I recruited the wrong angry child." He said as he started walking towards the door. "You take care of yourself, Matty. Luna, you go to hell." He said as he started heading for the door, I headed after him, but Matt stopped me.

"All ready there," I called after him.

"I'm not gonna let you kill that kid," Matt called after him.

"Oh, he's already dead," Stick said, and I could not help but let out a sigh of relief that caught both of there attention. "I caught up with the van while you were dicking around with Nobu's men. I put an arrow in that things heart." Stick told us.

Before I even had time to react Matt had swung at Stick who quickly dodged out of the way. Matt swung at him again and missed him again. Stick finally swung back and hit Matt in the face. Matt promptly recuperated and kicked Stick in the chest sending him flying into the wall behind him. Matt then picked up a chair and threw it at Stick who blocked it and pushed it aside and then ran forward punching Matt again in the face. Matt tried to hit him again, but Stick easily dodged all his punches. After a few more doges Stick swung at Matt hitting him in the ribs. The two of them where going blow for blow but Stick seemed to have the advantage. I rolled my eyes at the two of them and walked over to the fridge to get a bear. I pulled out a bottle and opened the cap before chugging the entire thing as I watched the two of them continue own with there dick measuring contest.