Chapter 40

Vladimir

I was really starting to lose any trace of self-control I could muster. It had been three hours and still, Anatoly was missing and Luna was nowhere to be found. I tried to contact her and her phone had been disconnected which now had me worried about her. I was pacing around the garage when I received a text from a number I did not recognize.

Meet me in your office now, alone.

It read. I pulled out my gun and flipped off the safety. I ordered everyone to get back to work then headed to my office to see who the hell was waiting for me inside. I pushed open the door and all the lights were off but I could see a person sitting in my chair.

"Get the hell up, slowly," I told the person.

They listed and stood up slowly with there hands in the air. I kept the gun pointed at them and reached over and switched on the light. Once the light was on I could see that the person who texted me was Luna. I had no idea what was going on. Why was she in here? What happened to her real phone?

"Where the hell have you been?" I finally snapped at her as I lowered my gun.

I wanted to yell at her some more but she held her finger up to her lip telling me to be quiet. She walked over to the radio and turned it on. Then turned the volume all the way up. It was obvious what was happing now. There was only one reason for her to act like this. The place was bugged.

I shut the door behind me and she quickly walked over to me standing close to me so that I could hear her whispers over the loud music. I would be lying to myself if I said the close proximity did not excite me. She always had this power over me. There was something about her that drove me crazy. She drove most men crazy, she was truly something special.

"We have a problem." She whispered into my ear, I could feel her breath against my skin.

"You think the place is bugged," I said to her.

"Maybe, I don't know. But what I do know is you have a mole." She told me instantly making me angry.

"No way, I trust all my men," I told her.

"That does not mean it's not true. Do you trust me?" She asked and I know the answer should be no.

No, I do not trust you, but that was a want, not the truth. She had never given me a reason not to trust her.

"Yes," I answered.

"Then believe me when I tell you the cops have someone on the inside." She said as she looked around as if someone was going to appear from under my desk.

"How do you know this?" I asked her.

"Because I was just questioned by the cops." She said and I swear my heart stopped beating for a second.

"What did you tell them?" I asked her causing her to roll her eyes at me.

"Nothing. God, I'm insulted you would even ask that." She said and I knew it was true she was not a rat.

"What did they want to know?" I asked her.

"They wanted to know how I knew you and your brother." She told me.

"How do they know who you are?" I asked her.

"Because of theres a video of us together. Someone is wearing a camera, there trying to get info on you. They just happened to get some footage of me. I guess they thought the scanky non-Russian girl might be easier to crack." She told me and I almost yelled at her for calling herself a skank but we had more important things to talk about.