Chapter 16

Matt

"I'm gonna make this easy detective. Get the ADA in here to release Miss. Page and we'll recommend to our charming, media-friendly client that she not plaster the airways with how she was nearly killed in your custody." I told the two cops who we were talking after finding out about Miss. Page's attack.

"And I'll agree not to make cooing noises for the rest of the meeting when I think of the civil suit that we have on our hands," Foggy added in.

"How do you know they're not charging her?" One of the cops said to us.

"Besides the fact that you were required to do so four hours ago.. if you were gonna do it at all?" I said to them letting them know I was aware of the fact that they are over their time limit.

"That's an excellent question. Along with how the security cameras on Miss. Pages detention area went on the fritz right before the assault." Foggy added on.

"Yeah, we'd like to speak with Mr. Farham about that, as well as what." I started to say but was interrupted by the older cop.

"Get in line. He'll be arraigned in the morning." He told us.

"Get my client released. Don't make me ask again." I said firmly causing the older cop to whisper into his young partner's ear.

"I'll call the ADA. But you take that tone with me again, I don't care if your blind, I'll kick the shit out of you." The younger cop said as he tried threatening me.

"Really? Were going there?" Foggy said to them before they walked out of the room.

"That was pleasant." He said to me once they were out of the room and the door closed behind them.

"It doesn't make any sense. ADA had everything they needed. Unless they had too much." I said to him as I stood up and turned to face the door.

"What am I missing?" Foggy asked me.

"Maybe someone else was in her apartment that night. Maybe they have evidence." I said as I tried to figure out what was going on.

"That's Brady material. They have to turn it over." Foggy reminded me.

"Only if she was charged. She hangs herself in her cell this all goes away." I said to him.

Foggy let out a large exhale as he realized I was probably right.

"Let's get her some clothes and get the hell out of here," Foggy said to as he walked out of the room.