Chapter 89

Luna

The next morning Matt and I were standing on the corner of 51st and 10th. Matt stood there with his cane in one hand and my arm in the other. He was standing there listening. There was so much noise. I could not understand how he could focus on anything. He tilted his head to the side like he always does when he hears what he's looking for.

"What you hear?" I asked him.

"A walking stick. That way." He said as he pointed to our right.

I looked to see a man walking towards us. He walked right by us, not even realizing we were watching him.

"That's defiantly him," I said as I watched him walk away from us.

We both follow after him, as we completely focused on what he had to do. He stopped walking at an intersection and then got into a black car.

"Matt, he's getting in a car," I told him.

"I know." He answered, sometimes I still had a problem remembering he did not need me to tell him what was going on around us.

"What do we do?" I asked him.

"Quite." He told me as he continued to listen to the car before he quickly turned down into an ally.

I followed after him as he threw his can in some trash cans and jumped on top of some others and up to an air conditioner unit. Then from there he jumped up and grabbed onto a fire escape then ran across the beam to the next building. I followed after him as he jumped to a second fire escape and up the stairs to the top of the building. We ran across the roof and jumped down to a lower roof. We then leaped over a little wall that separated the roof too from the next. We then ran to the right side of the building and leaped off and to the next rooftop. I just chased after him as close as I could he was a little faster than I and used to jump around like this, so I was a little behind but managed to keep up.

We ran over four more rooftops leaping from one to the other before I stopped as I watched Matt jump over a five-foot gap to a roof that was a little too far away for my liking.

"Shit!" I yelled as I jumped. I had to land in a roll, so I did not hurt my ankles.

Once I stood up, I looked around to see Matt standing at the edge of the building.

"Well, that was impressive," I told him.

"Shhh...." He told me as he looked down to the car as it stopped in the street below.

I watched as two men walked out of the car and were greeted by two more men with guns. They walked them over to a door where more armed men opened the door, letting the blinde man in.

"Time to get change?" I asked him.

"Yeah." He answered.