Chapter 26

Luna

That man in the suit gave me a very uneasy feeling. Even from the few seconds, I stood in the same room as him. So after I walked outside I decided to stay behind. I did not know exactly why I was hiding in the alleyway on the side of the building or what I was expecting. But something told me I needed to stay behind. That I needed to find out what was up with this guy. I needed to know why he made me feel so uneasy?

After a little while, the man walked out of the building and past me, a few seconds later Matt followed along. I stepped out of the ally and started walking next to Matt who obviously noticed the same thing that I had about this man.

"Where are you going?" I asked as I started to walk with him in stride.

"Were you just waiting for me?" He asked me.

"What was that about?" I asked him as we continued to follow the nicely dressed man.

"Don't know yet." He answered.

"You're following him," I said stating the obvious.

"Trying." He said as he tilted his head as if he was listening for something.

"Am I being too loud?" I asked him, teasing him like always.

"Yes." He answered, basically telling me to shut up.

"Fine, I'll be quiet, but I'm coming with you," I told him.

"You won't be able to keep up." He responded threw his cocky ass smile that made most guys nuts.

"With a blind guy? I think I'll manage." I laughed at him.

He chuckled in response before saying "We'll see."

I decided that it was time to shut up and let him listen to what every he was listening for. We both stopped talking and he just listened with a slight tilt to his head. In the past, I had noticed him do this often I just never thought much of it. Now I know that was a mistake, this was what he did when he was trying to get a better sense of the world around him. I could not help but wonder exactly how much, and how far away he could hear. Was it father them me?

                                                                                         Matt

I was thankful that Luna finally stopped talking. Which was a very hard thing for her to do? I listened as the man got into a car. The steady ticking of his watch stopped as it was cut off by the sound of the car door closing. I listed at the same time three SUVs pulled out and off into the street. One of them had him inside, I wish I could just tell which one it was. I felt a sharp pain in my side and reached down to touch it. When I pulled back my hand I was not surprised to see blood on my fingers. It had soaked through my shirt.

"You need to go see Claire. She was waiting for you last night. Shes worried sick." Luna told me.

"What are you friends now?" I asked her surprised to hear that she had talked to Claire again after we left.

"I could always use more friends." She answered. "Plus I trust her. You should too." She said in that voice she has when I don't have an option in the matter.

I shut my jacket and turned heading back the way we came knowing I was not going to be able to lock him down again. At least not now.

"I don't trust him," I told her as we walked down the street.

"I don't either." She told answered and I could not help but wonder how I had not noticed all these years how alike we actually where.

"Why?" I asked her out of curiosity.

"Because I find him attractive and I'm only every attracted to maniacs." She answered and for the first time ever I could not read her.

I could not tell if she was lying or telling the truth. Her heart rate was steady but something was off. Now that I was actually listening, something about her was off, was different than everyone else.

I chuckled in response not truly knowing how to respond to her. I guess from here on out I would have to pay more attention to her. More attention to who she really is.