CHAPTER FIFTEEN

I blinked rapidly at the beaming lights, shielding my eyes away from it. Quickly as it came, it dimmed down enough that I adjusted to what was going on.

In front of me stood Kronos, who looked dashingly handsome in his casual clothing. He took me by the hand, dismissing Coco to stand beside Azrael. I walked hand in hand with Kronos to the podium, excitement making me grin ear to ear.

The crowd of pack members cheered and hollered wildly, clapping their hands in glee. They've been waiting for this moment for years, and it's about to come true.

Kronos held a hand up, ushering everyone to be quiet. His eyes fogged over, before making waving motions towards me, as if trying to introduce me to the pack. The crowd erupted in applause, welcoming me back and accepting me as their Luna.

They quieted down again as the ceremony began, Azrael saying the pledges since Kronos couldn't.

"Do you, Rhea Grey, promise to forever lay your loyalty to the Xerxes Moon pack?"

"I do."

"Do you promise to protect your pack members, even at the cost of your life?"

"I do."

"Without further notice, I present, Luna Rhea of the  Xerxes Moon pack!" Azrael grinned, clapping along with the cheering pack members.

All at once, I felt a thin wall in my mind. It was as if it was blocking a voice, multiple voices. Suddenly, a rush of voices came bursting at once, all that were voices of the pack members. Many of them were congratulating me or celebrating that I was their Luna. Others were telling me to take care of the pack and sent encouraging words. It overwhelmed me, but as I imagined a blockade in my mind, the voices vanished as if they never existed.

I let out a sigh, relieved that the hard part was over. Now I had to go around with Kronos and mingle with each pack member.

Since now I'm officially a Luna, and now once again welcomed into the pack, the last thing I needed was to mark Kronos to communicate with him.

Gracefully walking towards a smiling Kronos, I was about to speak to him when a certain male caught my attention.

Not in a good way either.

"How can you call yourself a Alpha when you can't even introduce your own mate to everyone, huh, Alpha?!" The man roared out, his face red from the booze.

Kronos immediately paled as the whole ceremony got quiet. Before the situation could get anymore worse, Coco stepped in and ordered the guards to take the man away.

The man had resisted, but eventually fell limp from the alcohol kicking in.

Even if the man was gone, no one made a move to start anything. No sound was heard, they were all waiting for instruction on what to do next. That's when I stepped in, my first duty as Luna. In a loud and clear voice, I boomed out, "I hope you all enjoy the party, Kronos and I will be with you all shortly."

Just like that, the ceremony was back in a full swing. The pups were playing tag, while their parents held small conversations with one another. The elders on the other hand, were enjoying their once in a long time break.

For the first half of the party, Kronos accompanied me to greet each individual.

However, when I went to fetch us some drinks, he was nowhere to be found. Jogging over to where Coco and Azrael were, I asked in a hushed tone, "Have you seen Kronos? He's supposed to be doing the greetings with me."

They both gave me a blank look, before turning towards each other and back to me.

Coco bit her lip thoughtfully, "No, I haven't. The last time I saw him was during the ceremony."

Azrael nodded along with her, giving me a wearily look, "My best guess would be that he's in his room. He might be upset about the man's outburst earlier, you should check up on him."

A surge of hope washed over me as I thanked them. Turning around, I dashed into the pack house and up the stairs; careful to not stumble on my dress.

I wondered the hallways, looking for his door. Eventually, I stood in front of his door. Taking a deep breath, I give a firm knock.

No answer.

I knock once more and still no answer.

Peeking the door open, I softly call out, "Kronos?"

A choked cry answered me, one I was very familiar with. There, on the bed, sat Kronos. His elbows were on his thighs, while his hands were in his hair. His whole form was shaking due to his cries.

Rain started whimpering, telling me to comfort him and see what was wrong. I pushed the door open with a bang, alerting him with my presence.

As I approached him slowly, Kronos seemed to become more tense. It ended up me only being able to stand in front of him, remembering that he would flinch away if I casually touched him.

When his tears dried, he reached over and took out his notepad.

Quickly scribbling on it, he turned it over.

It was the words I've hoped to never in my life, see again.

'Am I even worthy of you?'

A/N: From chapter 10, for the readers who called Kronos not worthy as an alpha, he may as well not be worthy for Rhea since he's 'weak' and she's a strong female lead. Isn't that right? That's what you guys told me and the others around you. :)

#AuthorGotTriggered