CHAPTER FORTY SEVEN

Stirring awake, I woke up next to the love of my life. I yawned, stretching. A small snore caught my attention as I realized that Kronos and I had fallen asleep next to each other last night.

It's been a very stressful few weeks.

Day in and out, we trained our warriors and ourselves. The pack was more than ready as we spent many hours prepping for the war.

The plans were set and later today, Kronos and I were to finalize all the plans to set everything in motion.

We didn't know when the war was with Fortrista. We just knew that we had to be prepared for the unexpected.

The morning was pleasant until I felt something hard poking against my hip. Frowning, I pulled the blanket slightly up to see what it was.

Soon enough, my face was red as my heart raced.

Kronos, who seemed to be having a very good dream, just groaned and wrapped his arms tighter around me.

'Oh my...' Rain said, purring.

"Shut. Up."

"So rude. He's just having morning wood. It might be about us, don't you think?" She said, smirking suggestively.

Can the moon goddess separate me from my wolf for just one day?

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today."

Rolling my eyes at my wolf's comments, I quietly slipped out of bed when Kronos groaned silently again. His grip on me loosened, making it easier to go to the bathroom.

I brushed my teeth, pondering on everything. It was indeed overwhelming...

Spitting out the toothpaste and gurgling water, I finished the easiest task of the day. Even though it was the easiest, my heart still felt heavy for what was about to come.

This caused me to let out a heavy sigh.

Hearing me breathe heavy, Kronos started to wake up. He blinked once, maybe twice before laying his eyes on me.

"What's wrong, beautiful?" He mumbled, his voice raspy.

Damn...

Clearing my throat, I wished all my sinful thoughts away. "Nothing much, just tired from everything."

Kronos gives a small nod. "Let me help ease that then." He says, patting the bed. I smile, joining him in his bed.

Snuggling into Kronos, I let him be the big spoon. Another sigh left me, but a content one. It was like that for a few minutes. Kronos then placed a small kiss at the back of my neck causing me to let out a small moan.

My mate stilled, and when I turned around to face him, his eyes were pitch black. I could smell his arousal as he growled softly.

"Fuck... Rhea. You're really making it difficult to control myself." He whispered softly, hiding a small grin.

I let out a small giggle. Starting to feel playful, I decided to do something I've never done before.

Smirking, I wiggled my butt against his groin. My mate groaned, squeezing me tighter. Realizing my mistake a little too late, I felt Kronos grind against me as he held my hips in place with his hands.

"K-Kronos, wait..." I gasped, pleasure running through my body. The sparks were driving me crazy, nearly over the edge.

Immediately after my comment, he stilled. Cursing, "Fuck... I'm sorry." And with that, he released my hips and started to cuddle me once more.