CHAPTER THIRTY SIX

Kronos's POV:

I fell to my knees, my eyes wide open. Disbelief washed over me, not wanting to believe that the only person that was worth fighting for has died.

She can't be dead, she can't be!

What did I do to deserve this?

No matter how many times I tried to deny it, reality will always be there. Life continues, with or without you. If you fall behind, then you're a left behind.

I was ready to shift and run, but that one sound had me stopping.

A beep.

But then, it wasn't just one beep, it was one after another. My body automatically jumped up, my head swirled around swiftly to where Rhea was.

A wrenched sob left me, relieved to see the heart beat monitor moving with waves. At the last minute, Rhea was revived with the dephibrilator.

The doctors cheered, tears pricking the edges of their eyes for their Luna to be alive.

The surgeon that had stopped me earlier stood before me, his expression weary. He seemed to know what my questions were, because he slowly spoke, "The reason why Luna Rhea ended up dying was the fact that her wolf was holding her heat back for so long. Restraining it for a certain amount of time is considered okay, but during long periods of time, it's considered fatal."

His eyes sent a quick look to Rhea and drifted back to me, warning me with a matter-of-fact-tone. "She should be waking up soon, but we would like to keep her in for a few more days just to be sure she's alright. Is that okay Alpha?"

I nodded at the information and request, knowing it would be best.

He bowed once more before scurrying off. By the time I reached Rhea's side, all the doctors left to their own business.

Peering at her face, I notice the color start to go back to her skin. Her lips that were chapped blue were now rosy pink, and her hair was glossy as it used to be. They were all signs of her wolf healing her, and how soon she'll wake up.

I stared at her for what seemed like hours, trying to remember every feature she had. Waiting for her to wake up soon.

'Why don't you kiss her and get it over with already?' Apollo suggested all of a sudden.

This made me fall off my chair by Rhea's bed. Gathering myself up, I shyly replied, 'Don't be ridiculous! You shouldn't attack woman while they're sleeping! That's not being a man!'

Apollo only snickered, 'You can deny all you want human. You're just scared since you've never kissed anybody. No worries, I talked to Rhea's wolf, Rain. She has no experience whatsoever too, so I guess you both match.'

I didn't answer because I knew he was right, but I was happy to know that I would be Rhea's first, as she would be for mine. Being hated for nine years had it's perks, since no female ever wanted to be near me.

Eventually, Apollo halted from teasing me and decided to cut the link. I was beginning to feel sleepy, so I rested my head onto the side of Rhea's hospital bed.

With my hand over her slightly warm ones, I was engulfed into darkness. 

***