CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

WARNING: BLOOD AND DEATH. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

I gagged, the foul smell killing my nose. Her corpse had been here for awhile, making flies and all sorts of insects starting to swarm around the body. Those bloody flies are always thirsty for something, damn flies.

I hate them so much, especially when they land in my food.

She seemed to have been attacked last night, when she was patrolling. This area is not really used though to patrol. Why was she here to begin with?

Macy most likely died just as I was in the shower. She was probably dying but not completely as they took her organs out. Werewolves have a fast healing process, but to this extent, it doesn't end well. When she took her last breath, it was when I felt the bond snap.

Inspecting her body further, there was a crumpled up note in an area that used to have her lungs. As much as I didn't want to, I had no choice. Reaching for the note, I pick it out. Blood covered my fingers, the liquid dripping off my slender hands.

Trying not to puke, I unfold the letter, reading,

The games have begun.
Let's have a little fun.
- F

My hands crushed the note, outraged that we were nothing but pieces in her foolish game.

Rain growled loudly, her claws extending to the point of no return, 'I won't rest until she's dead! She killed our people!'

I closed my eyes, taking a deep gulp of air, 'Don't be rash Rain, we don't even know where she is. Our warriors are too weak to face her head on. We must prepare. I understand you're upset, I am too, but we must be smart about this. She's been observing us for years, which makes her have an advantage. The time will come when we'll rip out her throat, just you wait.'

She nodded deeply at my reply, slipping away to console herself.

I inspected the body further, turning the head to the side. What shocked me was that there were two small punctures on her neck. Why would they be there?

From what I've been told, Macy basically had been drained of her blood.

Don't tell me...

Vampires?

I groaned, shit just got worse.

...

"Has anyone seen Laura?!" A male voice yelled.

I closed my eyes briefly... Laura?

Wait a minute, isn't she the female guard that was with me since I got to the pack? Nick is her mate.

"She's missing!" He said, desperation lacing in his voice.

My eyes widened as I sprung into action.

Putting distance between me and Macy's body, I went to Nick. He was frantic, his eyes blood shot. His hair was disheveled and he seemed like he was in disarray. I've never seen him like this since I've met him.

I could hear the mumbles of the pack, as tension rose. The mother of Macy continued to sob, as Azrael and Coco did their duties as the Beta Couple.