6

Justin's Pov

The internet is now filled with new gossip about me and Ariana's new photo from last night after I posted it on my instagram, shutting down the rumors about us.

Today is my last show before I go back home and take a little break, then going back on the final leg of the Purpose tour. Ariana still has a few more shows so I'll be home alone for a few days. Well, not alone since I'll be with the dogs.

I decide to call Ariana before I sound check in the stadium. Usually when I call her she'll answer after a few rings, but the phone just keeps ringing.
"Hello." She says followed by her laughing making me smile ear to ear. Ariana's laugh is the cutest thing ever. I can tell she doesn't know who it is since she didn't say 'babe' like she always does.
"Hi baby. How are you?"
"Babe! Hi, I'm supposed to be taking the day off, but know me, always working. I'm making music with Mac Miller." Ariana and Mac always make great music and there's no doubt that whatever they make next is going to be amazing.

"Of course, you're a workaholic, always wanting to make your fans happy, but it is important to get some rest." I hear her laugh again.
"When I get home we can stay in bed all day and cuddle." She says making me wish we were in bed right now. She's always trying to tease me.
"That's not until a few weeks." I whine. From the corner of my eye I can see my assistant signaling me telling me I have to go sound check. "I have to go sound check, I'll call you when I have time."
"Aww no." Ariana also starts to wine. "Have fun tonight, I love you."
"I love you." I hang up the phone and walk out to the stadium.
------------

Ariana's Pov

I hang up the phone and focus back on the music with Mac in the studio. I see him sitting down with his head low.
"Hey, are you alright?" I noticed his change in mood when I was talking to Justin on the phone.
"Yeah, I'm good. Let's start singing." He flashes a smile. We've been working on this song for a few days now and I'm so excited to be working with him again. He has so much energy and is a great friend.

Said, you don't know how beautiful you are
And baby that's my favorite part
You walk around so clueless to it al
Like nobody gonna break your heart
•••
If you wanna stay, we're taking it slow baby
Cause you want me, and I got enough on my mind
But I can save some time for something so divine

"Let's go out to eat?" He asks, but I don't think it's a good idea.
"How about we order some food and eat here. It's not that I don't want to it's just, if paparazzi sees us they're going to start rumors about us and I don't want that." Justin and I have been on the spotlight for quite a while and I don't want people to be talking about us again.
------------

I'm noticing Mac's change in mood again, quiet and sad. Debating whether or not if I should ask him if he's okay.
"Ariana." Mac says making me look up at him as I take a bite of my food. "I have to be honest with you."

Hey guys hope you liked this chapter! I also changed the title because it suits the story better and for what I'm planning for the story. ♡